User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Witanlore: Dreamtime

Nice promo stills, but imho, you have too much DOF
    Last edited by Shockwave-peter; 02-23-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks for the feedback Shockwave, we'll try to improve on that in future promo stills.

Our website is back up, sorry for the wait on the revamp but we've been in our game dev rabbit holes

http://www.druidgameworks.com

Wow, looks amazing. Environments are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevadore View Post
    Wow, looks amazing. Environments are beautiful.
    Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback!

Infiltrator
    How this looks incredible!
    Well done!
    Do you know when the playable demo will be out?
    I can't wait to give it a go!

Karl

Thanks @karl182 we hope to roll the demo out on our Greenlight page by next weekend, still in testing and tying up loose ends!

Just a quick character update, we've continued refining the material on our WIP character mesh in preperation for the demo. Still missing tattoos but already looking much better:

Making some more progress with FaceFx, we've got additional facial anims in and some smoother phenome transitions, and the anims are working in UE4 now.

Have to give the crew at FaceFX their props for making a program that can handle big bear snoots!

Very impressive! The syncing is excellent. But -- forgive me for asking this -- is the voice acting a placeholder or is that the line reading you want to use in the finished game? It sounds a bit flat.

I really hope I'm not being rude, but I feel voice acting can make or break an immersive experience.
    Still new to this Unreal business, even after two years.

Not rude at all Cinebeast thanks for posting! It's actually a placeholder, we sent a few lines back for revision but used the flat takes as test assets while working with FaceFX, they were handy.
    Last edited by DarkRider; 02-27-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Champion
    The last scenes are beautifull and the bear is becoming good. will the bear have the bandana as in the artwork ?
    Do you use a furr material for the bear ? The material looks very strange , on the hands it looks more like some mud or floor material than furr.
    Keep the good work.
    Last edited by Galeon; 02-28-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks Galeon, yes the bear will have the bandana and the tattoos from the concept we just haven't added them yet. The material is a fur material. There aren't a lot of great fur solutions and that's part of what's made the Ursine model a challenge, but we are continuing to try different techniques to achieve our vision

Woohoo .. been following this from almost the beginning. Improvements look really nice but I totally understand the problems involved. These guys ate fighting tooth and nail to put out the best work they can. Might be a while before we`ll see AAA releases but , I most def. see it happening in the future, once they get established. I`ll continue to support their efforts and hope others will as well.
    Been awhile since I`ve been here and it`s good to see all the positive feedback. If you want to keep up, check the Druid Game works site.., sorry,,, don`t know how to link.

Yup, looking really good. I know you won`t be serving up prime rib on this very first release but, it`s smelling like a great pot roast with all the fixin`s .

Thanks RonCobol, always nice to hear from folks who have been following along from the start.

Update: Development on Dreamtime continues to be great overall though we continue to struggle with UE4's packaging system; in four weeks and many MANY failed builds we just can't get it to go along with packaging the demo on its own outside of the main project delaying our launch on Steam Greenlight. The demo plays beautifully now and while the programmers argue with the automated packaging tool, the LD and Multimedia teams have continued optimizing and innovating. We've recently integrated a new skydome and are digging the results so far!

Currently we are planning to move forward to Steam Greenlight on the 25th, with or without the playable demo depending on whether or not we're able to get it packaged in time. Thankfully, since the game runs fine for us we've put together the long awaited gameplay trailer to give potential voters a look at how the game plays. I'll continue to post updates as we go. Thanks for stopping in to see how we're doing!
    Last edited by DarkRider; 03-18-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Just a few screens from the forest interior, really liking the way the light plays through the trees now, feels Epic.

It's been tricky but we're finally getting the balance right between detail level and performance, these were done on medium settings and still look great. Feedback is welcome there's always room for improvement and we appreciate the input of our UE4 peers

Our Greenlight date is official, we'll be launching our campaign on March 25th we hope you'll turn out to see the game play trailer and our full cinematic prologue!

If you have Greenlight tips to share we'd love to hear your stories!

Champion
    It looks beautifull, is the bear face improved ?

Quote Originally Posted by Galeon View Post
    It looks beautifull, is the bear face improved ?
    The character is a work in progress. What sort of improvements would you still like to see?
    Last edited by DarkRider; 03-23-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider View Post
    The character is a work in progress. What sort of improvements would you still like to see?
    As we discussed before i expected to see the main character look more warrior , more human than bear like the artwork.

I noticed the character back is very flat , he don't have muscle shapes on his shoulders or it's back.
    Last edited by Galeon; 03-23-2016 at 10:23 AM.

These are somethings we'd ultimately like to change as well, the artist went for a more bear like interpretation adding a heavy ruff of fur around the neck and back/shoulders which obscures the definition on the neck and back. Definitely at the top of things we'd like to improve as that change to the design has made armoring and animating more difficult. Unfortunately we don't have an experienced character artist on staff at the moment so there are limits to how much we can improve until we aquire a new artist specializing in characters to help us. We're working hard to get closer to our concept though so in future updates you will definitely see that evolution. Thanks for your feedback

If any character artists are out there willing to help, we'd love to hear from you! jobs@druidgameworks.com

Champion
    These are somethings we'd ultimately like to change as well, the artist went for a more bear like interpretation adding a heavy ruff of fur around the neck and back/shoulders which obscures the definition on the neck and back. Definitely at the top of things we'd like to improve as that change to the design has made armoring and animating more difficult. Unfortunately we don't have an experienced character artist on staff at the moment so there are limits to how much we can improve until we aquire a new artist specializing in characters to help us. We're working hard to get closer to our concept though so in future updates you will definitely see that evolution. Thanks for your feedback

If any character artists are out there willing to help, we'd love to hear from you! jobs@druidgameworks.com
    Your concept is very human like, and well defined, i think you should go for that style that will appeal more to players.

Yes, agreed we would like to get closer to that concept

We are NOW ranked in the Top 5 on Steam Greenlight, please stop by and give us a thumbs up if you feel it's deserved!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=647892080

And a peek at our beta gameplay trailer!

Thanks for having a look!

Last edited by DarkRider; 03-31-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Champion
    About the bear torso and back i see better in the video, it looks like he is wearing some coat because the base is very squarry and long , if you make the torso more tight and rounded and add only few muscle it should work better.
    The bear should strike with it's claws or have that a super power, it looks strange seeing him using a really small weapon that does not damage as muc as claws.
    The overall game is gorgeous and the bear head is ok without warrior traits and marks.

Thanks Galeon! The weapon is just a training weapon for sparring. We actually have a variety of fighting choices from heavy weapons like spears and axes to empty hand combat if they prefer claws, that's up to the player.

The character model changes we have planned include more definition to the head, neck, back, and chest. We also want to go much higher in the poly count, it's been a struggle to get exactly what we want, we've had 7 different freelance artists attempt it, but we will get it there.
    Last edited by DarkRider; 03-25-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Updated the OP with a ton of new media, don't miss it!

Champion
    Thanks Galeon! The weapon is just a training weapon for sparring. We actually have a variety of fighting choices from heavy weapons like spears and axes to empty hand combat if they prefer claws, that's up to the player.

The character model changes we have planned include more definition to the head, neck, back, and chest. We also want to go much higher in the poly count, it's been a struggle to get exactly what we want, we've had 7 different freelance artists attempt it, but we will get it there.
    The weapon should be heavy and make the difference with it's claws. You make a good choice pulling more polys to the main character.
    I found some interesting bear warrior model
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XKRabocc8k

Thanks for sharing Galeon!

Most people probably expect humanoid bears to growl, claw and to be the typical tank type character with heavy weapons they have seen/played in most other games. There's definitely room for that type of character in Witanlore: Dreamtime too, but our design vision is a race of humanoid bears that can be as varied and unique as our players. Not just warriors, but scholars, musicians, and assassins too. Dreamtime features a host of classes, customizing options, weapons, and armor types to give our characters the flexibility to be whatever our players feel their ursine avatar would be.

Just another update, we are now ranked in the Top 5 on Steam Greenlight, please stop by and give us a thumbs up if you feel it's deserved!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=647892080
    Last edited by DarkRider; 03-31-2016 at 01:46 AM.

Champion

Awesome work peeps
    Keep it up!
    Marketplace content:
    Luos's Modular Cave Pack - 500+ meshes! (try the free version!)
    4 Elements pack! - Both defensive and offensive!
    A Particle A Day project pack 1 - 28 particles, soon to be 56!

Other content:
    A Particle A Day Project - Soon to be continued! (grr @ real life)
    2016 VFX Showcase & Rad Rodgers VFX Showcase!!

@Luos Thanks for taking the time to offer some support!

WE ARE GREENLIT!

It's kind of a relief to cross this off the To-Do list thanks to everyone who checked out our game on Steam and voted we are super grateful! We'll continue posting updates here as we progress toward publishing.
    Last edited by DarkRider; 04-07-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Just an Update!

Since Greenlighting we've been working with former nSpace artist James Leggett on bringing our character vision to life in a way that's more inline with our concepts.

These are still early WIP, there's no fur obviously, and the muscle tone will be reduced some when fur is added so it's a bit exaggerated at the moment. We're really pleased with how it's coming along, it's nice to see our character nightmares becoming a thing of the past. Feedback is welcome.

These are still early WIP, there's no fur obviously, and the muscle tone will be reduced some when fur is added so it's a bit exaggerated at the moment. We're really pleased with how it's coming along, it's nice to see our character nightmares becoming a thing of the past. Feedback is welcome.
    If you want my opinion, this looks very good. When i look up your project from time to time i always see your banner first and i think the bear on the banner looks not very satisfied (not very cool), so the new model is a big improvement imho. Nice to see this progressed.

Promoter
    i love just coming through and checking out the progress of this game, keep up the awesome work guys!
    Last edited by CNKIT; 04-23-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Self-Learning to program, Open to advice!

Thanks for your replies guys, means a lot to us

Champion
    The new model follows better the concepts, well done.

Just a short update, we've been working on the Hedgewolf model, kind of a fantasy hyena/wolf hybrid the Hedgewolf lies in wait in the long grasses for unsuspecting prey to walk by. If leveled high enough your totem animal may spot these guys before you do, but if not they pack a big punch with their powerful jaws, watch your step!

Last edited by DarkRider; 05-02-2016 at 12:44 AM.

Doing a little interaction programming today. A lot of RPGs overlook interactivity with the world, simple things like sitting and lying down are left out so players can never let their role play come to a rest. We want our players to be able to interact with the environment wherever possible in ways that feel organic. Here is a look at some early interactivity.

Disclaimer:
    The model in this video is the old placeholder mesh as our character model is still being developed this was just for testing purposes.

We have some open positions with Druid Gameworks Studio, if you're looking for a team to bring your awesome skills to, give us a shout! https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?99409-Talent-Needed-to-Finish-Greenlit-RPG-Witanlore-Dreamtime-%28Q1-Q4-2016%29

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast