UPDATE: The pre-made blueprint is available for download! Get it here: http://gregoryjb.blogspot.com/2015/0...f-day-v14.html
- Extract archive;
- Copy the "Content" folder into your project folder (it should merge with the content folder already there);
- When it asks if you want to merge folders, say yes;
- Launch UnrealEd, and load the project you copied that folder to;
- Go to 'File > Open Level' and choose "TimeOfDayTemplate.umap" (it should be located under \YourProject\Content\Maps);
- Hit simulate, and watch the sun move!
Experiment with the properties in the blueprint. I've written comments for all of them (I think), so it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. Quick tip: If you want to change the speed of time, "Time Speed" is what you're looking for.
For more details about this blueprint, go here: http://gregoryjb.blogspot.com/2014/0...int-guide.html
If it isn't working, please make sure that you followed all of the steps above correctly. They are all necessary!
Finally, please give feedback! Was it useful? Not useful? Too complicated? Broken? Let me know below!
[EDIT Updated to v1.2]
I've created a quick tutorial on how to set up a dynamic day-night cycle on the wiki: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Tutorial:_Time_of_Day
I noticed that there wasn't much info on this, so after figuring it out I decided to share it with you all.
Hope this helps some people! And feedback is welcome
EDIT: Updated the tutorial to include a section on environment customization events. Now you can change things based on the level being day or night!