Changing material of component in another blueprint

Hi, I want to change material of a mesh that is component od a blueprint, but i want to change it from the HUD blueprint. i’m using blueprint interface for it, and of course, it’s not working. Here are screenshots. Thanks for your help !

27ef1103d1a0c70cbf6eaed6d3729ae4d82f8c15.jpeg

d480cb6741a4d2ee7801b0b44487ca087a765f0b.jpeg

zadna_Stena.jpg

I think the problem is in how you are calling the interface function (image 2)
What you should do is, get a reference to the Actor instance whose Material you want to change. Draw a connector out and type the name of the interface function, and click its name. In the screenshot you are using, you are using ‘self’ as the target. But I think that should be a reference to the blueprint whose material needs changing.

Ofcourse without seeing the full blueprint, I may not be correct. Can you post the screenshots of the relevant parts of both Blue

I tried it, it doesn’t work. Do you think it’s because interface function is in HUD blueprint ? I tried this https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Blueprints/UserGuide/BlueprintComms/index.html

but that doesn’t work either. Than I tried it not in HUD blueprint but in other (not level blueprint or pawn …) and it worked. I don’t know what’s the problem. I have to make it work in HUD blueprint.

Thanks for your help.