Broken Skeleton/Mannequin/Other

I am rather new to Unreal Engine, and am just now working on my first sizable project. It is an RPG, so I started with the third person template and went on from there. I had been using the default mannequin as the player’s character until I could find a way to replace it with something that looked good. As a test, I imported another skeletal mesh, but I accidentally imported using the default mannequin’s skeleton, and I guess it changed the original (I believe this is the problem, but I am not entirely positive). Now the mannequin does not display any of the base animations, besides for weird head bobbing. I have tried reimporting the mesh and skeleton, animations, as well as a host of other objects., as well as drawing it from anther third person project, but nothing has worked. I am now considering migrating all assets from this project besides those corrupted into another base third person, and trying to use it from there. I would appreciate any advice if anyone has dealt with anything similar or knows how to fix this. Thank you.