Possible bug? [Daydream] - Pressing home button pauses game but does not pause audio

I am using ApplicationWillEnterBackGroundDelegate attached to a pause game function and when I press the home button it successfully pauses the game, and takes me to the daydream store/menu area, but it doesn’t pause the sound. Has anyone else experienced this?

Apparently, you have to be able to pause the app when you hit the home button on the motioncontroller. This is one of the requirements to get a daydream app published on the Google Play Store.

I am using a somewhat modified version of the engine (master release from a few weeks ago form github) and a slightly modified version of google vr plugin 1.5 GVR NDK v1.60.1

I can confirm that I am not having this problem in 4.16.2, with I Google VR plugin 1.3 GVR NDK v1.40.0 and with that configuration my code works as expected.

I think it was with 4.17 that the new audio mixer was introduced, wasn’t it?

Any ideas?

This is a link to someone else having a similar problem, and we also discuss the issue a little more:

edit:

Okay. I just now tested my code with 4.17 release version with Google VR plugin version 1.5 (GVR NDK v1.60.1).

I packaged and deployed the app with the new audio engine switch on, and the audio did not pause.

I then packaged and deployed the app with the new audio engine switched off, and the audio DID pause as expected.

I switched it on and off by editing the AndroidEngine.ini and WindowsEngine.ini files as listed here:

So I suppose this is a bug?