[PHYSICS] Linear and Angular motor target speed

I am not talking about Target velocity, even though the names are similar.
What I would like to have, is to have a feature that could let me limit the speed of the motor, while keeping it’s strength, to be able to avoid the wobbliness of the current joints : They go too fast and then they aren’t able to slow down in time.
I would like to have a stepper-motor-like effect.

Also, I don’t know why anyone would want rotation in more that one axis.

Hello,

You may need a kind a of regulation device (PID) : your need seems more like an automatic motor adjustement, with a smooth slow down while nearing the target position. There’s a PID BP available in the marketplace.

Regards,

Yes, but PID is the realistic way of doing this, and it is quite complicated for what it does. Adding a speed ceiling can’t be that hard to do.

I found a very simple way to do this, and quite realistic too.

It is more precise than TargetRotation and should work for locations too. Just need to implement it to the engine, no need for PID.

Just for clarity, PID controller is just a few nodes compared to what you link.

But regardless, if I understand correctly what you want to achieve is smooth motion of “motorized” joints. Like for example expanding landing gear or turning physics wheels. For this you just need to gradually change your target. For example, if you want to rotate a physics wheel just add a delta to angular target on each frame.