Game Idea I had, what are your thoughts?

Hello everyone!

I recently has this idea for a fast-paced multiplayer top down shooter, so I decided to try and prototype it.

Below are the results (Please keep in mind this was a fast prototype so still some bugs and does not look as pretty as it could).

Please let me know if this type of game interests you at all as I am quite fond of the idea of a fast-paced top down shooter
with perhaps a bomb defuse type game mode similar to Counter-Strike.

If this project does interest you then feel free to send me a message and maybe we will set up a team! :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsHiVSEWy44&feature=youtu.be

It’s hard to tell what the gameplay would be like from that video, but I don’t think that control scheme would be very satisfying to use in a fast-paced game. It looks similar to Take No Prisoners (an old 1997 game) which worked just fine before mouse control was a common thing, but if you’re doing something top down, you really want to be using the mouse to aim.

I like it. There’s definitely potential! Did you get to test it against a second player? The teleport mechanic is interesting but I think any competitive game will need lots of testing. Maybe making the ability to teleport a pick-up or telegraphing when it’s going to happen? I could see a situation if all the players can teleport then in a fight the last player to teleport loses. Or tried t gets stuck with two or more players teleporting just out of sync so they can’t attack.