Rifle 01 Pro 2.7 - Mocap Pack

Rifle 01 Pro 2.7 - Mocap Pack
Now out on the Marketplace.

UPDATE: REV. 2.7
All Animations now with Root Motion and IPC (in-place with custom attributes)
Many Added Animations and Tweaks.
Faster/consistent Reloads, plus Crouch Reloads.
New On-Back Holster Animations and Pistol Swaps/Integration.
Back and Hip Holster Sockets with matching animations.
Mobility Pro and Pistol Pro integration when holstering.
New Turn In-Place Loops.
Lower CrouchWalks.
New Split Jumps.

**You really need to download and read the complete updated PDF motion list: **
Rifle Pro UE4 27 - Animation List
NOTE:
It has frames and delay timings for all Holster and Rifle/Pistol swap animations.
This is all dovetailing now with Mobility Pro 2.7 and the WIP Pistol Pro 2.7(insert you own sarcastic dig here) and all new Pistol 2.7 holster/firing/reloads/rifle swaps are already done. The Rifle/Pistol swaps and Pistol mesh are included in Rifle Pro 2.7 as a preview and they will allow a direction connection to Pistol Pro. The new Rifle “MOB” equips/unequips are a direct connection to Mobility Pro now. This is all layed out in the new 2.7 PDF List I suggest you download and check out.

Jesse dropped out of touch a couple of months ago and went dark. I suppose life and stuff just happened, hard to say. Stopped waiting and released all the new animations and fixes (many prompted by the MP TPS Blueprints we released, still waiting on Epic) but without a controller. So it goes. A lot of serious additions and tweaks though.

Full description below.

Description

446+ Motion Capture Animations

UPDATE: REV. 2.7
All Animations with Root Motion and IPC (in-place with custom attributes)
Many Added Animations and Tweaks.
New On-Back Holster Animations and Pistol Swaps/Integration.
Back and Hip Holster Sockets with matching animations.
Mobility Pro and Pistol Pro integration when holstering.
New Turn In-Place Loops.
Lower CrouchWalks.
New Split Jumps.

390 Animations, 48 Aim Offsets, 36 Split Jumps.
876 Total Animation Files.

Please download and read the complete “Rifle Pro UE4 27 - Animation List” PDF motion list:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-Z-hxYLrNEUQlpLZ2N4RWJDMUk

View animations on Sketchfab: Sketchfab
Original Preview: Military Rifle: 3D Character Animations - MoCap Online on Vimeo

Large set of Military Rifle animations for a third-person shooter game.
All idles and transitions have been carefully pose-matched, for seamless motion trees.
Includes Looking and Aim Offsets, Idles, Walks, Jogs, Runs, Crouches, Holstering, Weapon Swaps, Aiming, Shooting, Reloads, Turns, Jumps, Split Jumps, Deaths and Transitions.
A matching fully textured Rifle is included.

Technical Details

● Rev. 2.7 Update
● Many animations added and tweaked.
● Our IPC(in-place custom) animations have custom attributes providing continuous Speed and Rot(yaw) data curves for more flawless control and programming options, a feature used by major developers.
○ New Split Jumps
○ New Turn In-Place Loops.
○ New Lower CrouchWalks.
○ New faster Reloads - Including Standing and Crouching
○ New Weapon Holsters - On Back and Pistol Swaps
○ Back Rifle Socket and Hip Pistol Socket with matching animations.
○ Full Animation List has frame/seconds delay timings for Holster/UnHolster.
○ Holstered Animations match our Mobility Pro and Pistol Pro, for seamless integration with our other Animation Packs.
● Stand and Turn to Walk/Jog/Run Forward in eight directions.
● Crouch and Turn to CrouchWalk Forward in eight directions.
● Relaxed Look - aim offsets
● “A” and “T” pose files included to change the default retarget manager stance.
● Source Animation import and A/T Poses explained here:
UE4 Compatibility and Usage FAQ
● Along with the two right hand weapon sockets, the Skeleton has two additional bones “hand-l-wep” and “hand-r-wep”, for animated attachment of the Rifle. “hand-r-wep” creates the correct Rifle position always, including holstering. They will not affect any other animations not using them.
● The “ik_hand_gun” bone is animated to follow the “hand-r-wep".
● The Rifle mesh is attached to “hand_r_wepSocket” and “RifleHolsterSocket” in the skeleton view for preview.
● The Pistol mesh is attached to “hand_r_wepSocket” and “PistolHolsterSocket” in the skeleton view for preview.
● All animations as Root Motion and In-Place.
● FBX source files are also included as single Take animations on the UE4 template skeleton in “\Content\Rifle_01\Source\FBX\” (not visible in the editor).
● A Motionbuilder 2015 file is included with the UE4 template skeleton.
● A Maya 2015 file is also included with the UE4 template skeleton.

Nice !

Question. Can we get the same pack with with hip variant instead of aim ? IDK how much work it would be, but aim + hip packs would cover like 80% of rifle/shotgun/etc cases.

So I’ve went as far as deleting the local content and re downloading this asset, but I’m still getting the original content whenever I add this to my projects.

Hey iniside,

Sorry no imminent plans for hip rifle, that would be potentially a lot of work to create all compatible locomotions/transitions/reloads/firing/etc. Potentially less if it was only for split upper body, but even that has potential complications/customizations with matching all the lower body etc. I may ask John (who did all the split body programming for the MP TPS BP) if he has any thoughts.

But bottom line no, not in the near future. Still gotta get Pistol finished for FBX, ported to UE4, etcetcetc. and totally refabbed Ninja done, and other Architectural Packs, AND get started on the big Sword Pack we shot asap. Oh yeah and that ladder pack. The boss is insistent with the evil eye that I put Rifle/Pistol/Ninja to bed with their major updates and move on to all new stuff. He’s right. Please feel free to keep bugging us in the future with any and all suggestions. :slight_smile:

Hi Slavical,

This unfortunately is not uncommon with the Launcher Vault, a lot of have gone around in circles with it with various assets/packs.
Others have told they were able to get the new update fine after a couple of tries. I just now “Updated” the Vault entry without deleting the cache first, then Added it to a blank Project and got the new version. (It did look like it was downloading a second time when it was “Added”(?) Odd.)
So no telling, try again I suppose. This didn’t seem top happen so much in the past, Epic’s new Launcher code may just have gremlins.

Anyone else having issues?

Hierarchy should look like this:

Animation Bug Corrupts Frame Rate for IPC

**ATTENTION: **
v4.14 through v4.17 Animation Bug Corrupts Frame Rate for IPC

It was brought to my attention today by lion032 (thanks dude) that all the IPC curves did not have keys on the 30fps ticks when a user added them, making calculations screwy. Which my first response was no way, everything looks perfect here! :confused: :confused: :confused:
After an hour and a half of investigation and back and forth, we realized the basic problem. Much longer to trouble shoot and quantify the exact problem and best solution.

THE PROBLEM:
There is a bug(feature? oversight?) in v4.14 and forward that corrupts and re-samples the key frames in animation .uasset files from v4.13 and earlier. At least custom attributes anyway. It re-samples the curves to what looks like about 31fps. (???) Double you tea eff. See pics below.
The current Rifle 2.7 Pack is a v4.10 project, so the animations are as backwards compatible as possible for earlier projects. This has not been an issue yet as animation assets are forward compatible - so we thought till this wrinkle.
So adding to a v4.10-4.13 project leaves the curves alone, but adding to v4.14-4.17 re-samples the curves to some random 31 something frame rate. What the heck. :mad: If you are not using the custom attribute curves it may not affect you, but it may screw up calculations if you are, or who knows what else is lurking.

THE QUICK FIX:
There is a quick fix, it’s easy.
Open up your v4.14-4.17 Project they are in and corrupted, and go to the Animation directories.
Go to the Project directory on your HDD, and into the “Source” folder where all the original source FBX files are in the “FBX” folder.
Per matching directory and animations, drag and drop the FBX files into the matching directories in the Editor. (You can select and drag an entire folder full of files at once)
You should see a succession of popups saying each animation was “successfully re-imported”.
The In-Place IPC may be the only ones necessary, but I’d do them all in case the body keys are also corrupt.

This will refresh all the animations and set the curves back to 30fps frame rate.
Fixed.

THE OFFICIAL FIX:
I will likely update the Marketplace files with an added duplicate v4.14 project with all the same files (which I have already made and updated on our www.mocaponline.com web store).
I will instruct Epic to use the v4.10 version for adding to v4.10-4.13, and use the v4.14 version for adding to v4.14-4.17. (This is automated by the vault, common place, user needs to do nothing to get the correct version.)
Epic support has been pretty slow lately, we’ll see how long it takes…

Sorry for the glitch, let us know if you have any questions! A lot of folks won’t notice any problems, first we heard of it, but for others digging deeper with the IPC this is an issue.

Opened in 4.17 - Re-Sampled:

6b5dc79256564acc1b925df74f8a7345dc65a906.jpeg

Opened in 4.10-4.13 - Original 30fps Intact:

1d71e0cde584e9e278bca9485bcf72fd9899ddc0.jpeg

UPDATE:

Submitted the 4.14 version to Epic to be deployed in the vault for adding to 4.14 - 4.17 projects. The current version will still be added to 4.10 - 4.13 projects. This will fix any issues.
I also suggested they look into and fix this bad auto re-sampling bug. I know new versions march on, but that’s just plain wrong to corrupt otherwise fine animation files for users migrating perfectly good content to a newer version. It doesn’t seem like it is planned/expected obsolescence(like many aspects of software updates), just an oversight they didn’t realize was occurring. I may be wrong…

I’ll post an update when Epic let’s me know it’s online.

Soooo…for someone using the curve data, what exactly does that mean? Would a difference of 1 fps really be that detrimental to animation? I guess what I’m asking is…is this a big deal, and, if so, why?

Also, replying to your email, yes I got the asset to work lol. Just took several tries of deleting the cache and downloading it again.

Also, did the data for the curves come from your root motion anims?

Yes, the custom curves are calculated and baked from the root motion, so when the root motion is removed (the animation becomes in-place, root stays in one spot) the correct matching non-linear world motion can be recreated. They weren’t “weird” until the bad new import.

As far as the problem or difference for someone using the curve data, lion032 said it was creating inaccurate movement in his programming because (I am paraphrasing) it was looking for a key frame on every tick (30th of a second) for the movement calculations to be accurate, you get foot sliding. I am not a programmer, but I assume he is on to something. It’s possible they aren’t actually re-sampled, but just slid closer together compressing their timing, and that would really screw things up.
If you calculate the movement with the curves and it looks spot on, awesome! Good on ya’ and your mad skillz. But I figure regardless, funky re-sampled(?) curves are still funky and corrupt, so they should be fixed to make sure no issues arise.

And what’s up with the Vault and updates? (I sound like Jerry Seinfeld on airplane food) I swear, every other support email is about not being able to get the update to give them the new files. Delete cache, download, rinse repeat, till it works. Glad you got it. :slight_smile:

Hey!I finished the RootMotion controller! UE4 Mocap Seamless Locomotion System - YouTube Can you tell me how to import mocap data into the UE’s curve? I am completing the InPlace controller.

Does anyone know what may cause this we just got this package and its getting rather frustrating…

Rifle 01 Pro 2.7A - Mocap Pack - NEW UPDATE

• There is a new Socket on the right middle finger “middle_01_r” for attaching the Rifle: **“middle_01_r_WeaponSocket” **
  • All Animations have been updated to use the new Socket.
  • The standard “middle_01_r” articulates the position of the Rifle in different poses preventing visually breaking the wrist, and replaces the role of and need for the custom “hand_r_wep” bone as before.
  • The original custom added “hand_r_wep” bone is no longer used, allowing other Characters with skeletal meshes that use the stock Epic Skeleton and proportions to easily integrate into a Project with the “Assign Skeleton” function, or the Retarget Manager. No more custom rigging needed to accommodate the “hand_r_wep”.
  • Visually, 2.7A animations will look the same as 2.7, it is a technical change and update.

**NOTE: **This is now the same animation setup as in our “MCO Multiplayer TPS Blueprints” so the Rifle Pro animations are now compatible with TPS Blueprints animations.

***If you need a copy of 2.7 animation in the future for an existing pipeline, contact us and we can provide the files.

Forum Post:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1500023-updated-rifle-01-pro-2-7a-mocap-pack

Hi,

I have both your pistol and rifle packs and need help with the import settings for the “A” pose. I finally got the A pose fbx imported right I think, but now how do I re-target it? I have to uncheck show only compatible skeletons in order to see the new imported “A” pose skeleton then obviously it makes the animation all screwed up because the animations I’m re-targeting are in the “T” pose. Need assistance Thanks

Cipher5,

It seems the main thing you missed is that the SK_Mannequin that comes with our animations has to be REPLACED with the imported “A Pose” version. That way all the animations stay associated with it and its reference pose - the new one now or any new pose in the future. Adding another SK_Mannequin to the project will accomplish nothing.

***And Also IMPORTANT:
Epic has changed the way the Preferences and Import Dialogs work in each new engine version. A user pointed out that our original import/replace instructions did not work with 4.19, we investigated and wrote a new doc to explain the correct settings for import/replace with 4.17-4.xx(until they change the menus again) or 4.16 and before. I forgot to post the updated doc here before, my apologies, it is important information.

“A” POSE OR “T” POSE CONVERSION - UNREAL ENGINE RETARGET MANAGER

https://mocaponline.com/blogs/news/a-pose-or-t-pose-conversion-ue4-retarget-manager

I will quote part of the full document here:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
UE4 ENGINE 4.17 - 4.XX

1. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT UE4 PROJECT. That always goes without saying.
  2. Open the downloaded “SKMannequin_A_Pose” or “SKMannequin_T_Pose” folder on your HDD. This contains “SK_Mannequin.fbx”
  3. Open your Project with all the MocapOnline animations you want to convert to A or T.
  4. Make sure your Editor Preferences are set to “Show Import Dialog at Reimport”, or the process will fail. (See image)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1136/0934/files/FBX_A_Import_Preferences_419_01.jpg?v=1531102527

1. In the Editor, go to the folder containing the “SK_Mannequin” Skeletal Mesh.
  2. Drag and drop the “SK_Mannequin.fbx” into the folder in the Editor. Make sure the “FBX Import Options” are set as shown in the picture for Reimport Skeletal Mesh. (See image) Click “Import”.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1136/0934/files/FBX_A_Import_Options_419_01.jpg?v=1531102535

1. This will update the Skeletal Mesh and Skeleton with the new reference A or T pose. Save them both with the changes. All referenced animations will inherit the new Pose.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Remember, the SK_Mannequin skeletal mesh you want to re-import/replace is the one our animations are associated with so they get updated by association and this new pose is reflected in the Retarget Manager. It seems it would be best to open our animation pack in a clean project and do the re-import/replace there before migrating or copying over to your final project, but you can do it as well in your current project. BACK IT UP FIRST of course before you do any experiments. For that matter, any stock SK_Mannequin being used(for example the one the “Third Person Template”) can be replaced with our “A” and “T” pose FBX files and convert them to a different pose.

Let us know you worked it out, and as always, please you can email us directly if you need help. [EMAIL=“UE4@motusdigital.com”]UE4@motusdigital.com
This is an important issue with updated info we needed to share, so we’re glad you posted here this time!

Thanks for the help, I will try this out and let you know.

Update: After a couple tries using the above post I was able to figure it out. I will add that for some reason no matter what I tried the rifle pack wouldn’t re-target, or show the new skeleton. So I decided to restart the editor and then it was in the A pose lol and then I was able to re-target just fine. Thank you Motus for the fast and great support.

Ah, the old “Have you tried restarting the program?” tech support suggestion, works every(?) time. :wink: Glad you got it sorted.