Mighty Sword - A '3D' Text-based RPG using 3D Fonts

I still enjoy Text-based RPGs/MUDs/CYOA/Audiobooks and occasionally visit IronRealms.com and ChoiceOfGames.com. I took a stab at writting my on choose your own adventure: D. RIFTERs. I would later re-imagine D. RIFTERs into a Short Story to win the MSGT [Giveaway] hosted by apoisonedgift of Dapper Raptor Development. I would later extract concepts from that short story for Open-World Action RPG Hybrid set in Apocalyptic World shattered by Dimensional Space/Time Rifts.

I always wanted to create a Text-based RPG, doing more with Text itself using different Fonts and Colors to represent different entities in the game. This image would re-spark ideas for text-based RPG using the power of UnrealEngine 4. Imagine using Action RPG Combat Game Mechanics and AI, but instead of using Meshes for architecture, characters, etc we use fancy 3D Text like ZText. I used to think using UE4 for text-based game was a waste of power but not any more.

Mighty Sword (a play on the phrase “the pen is mightier than the sword”) is going to be such an ‘3D’ Text-based RPG using various 3D Fonts/Materials. It will have 5 formats of play: 1) Full 3D, 2) 3D Text, 3) 2D Text, 4) Audio Only, 5 Hyrbid 1-4.

Sounds interesting…

Just discovered 3D Text in UE. I’m sort of shocked to just now see this Powerful Feature. Something new to discover in UnrealEngine everyday. Blows my mind . It’s definitely going to be used in my 3D Text-based RPG. Thank You Epic