what files need add to svn, when i check out ue engine source and add to my own svn

i check out ue4.16.3, and complie it myself, what should i add to the svn, some user want to use the lib,dll,exe and dont care the code. Another, i dont want to execute the setup.bat in a new environment every time.
i want to check out files from svn and then use the engine directly, no excute the setup.bat , no excute the generate.bat, and other operation.
Every time i excute the setup.bat in a new environment, it to large and take me a lot of time.

this is control ue project, not ue source.
i change the ue source code, and my project use it, what folder and files i will commit to the svn. such as ue4.17.0, what file i will commit to the svn?
i want to check out the file from svn, and don`t do any other things like setup.bat, then start my own project is available.

When setting up an SVN environment it’s quite a pain for a source build. Just check the .gitignore and try to ignore the same things. The pain of SVN is that you will have to ignore a ton of subdirs such as all Intermediate or Saved folders, also your binaries should be ignored. You can not ignore as easy as you do it in git, you have to add all that info to all individual folders and add them one by one going down the directory tree. I normally end up writing some tools to do that job, a lot of trial and error though.

So the short answer is to do the same the .gitignore does, it will be hard work though.

you may misunderstand what i want to know.
i will change the unreal engine source code for my project, and i controll the engine source code in svn , not only my project.

now what the ue4 source code file commit to the svn, so i can check out , and use it directly, don`t need to excute setup.bat every time?

You have to call setup.bat on each of your development machines, this is so that you do not need to blow your repos. Also when you add new classes etc you should generate the solution again. What I was telling you is how to add a source build into svn without blowing it all up. A full UE source build folder can take up to 80GB so it’s wise so only add things into your SVN that you really need.

Another common method is to add your projects root folder as a folder of your engine source and keep them together. That’s what Epic does with UT4.

that is what do now, engine source and project is work together, but it will excute setup.bat in a new environment every time, it take a long time . total 5500m and speed is 0.75m/s. it really so Sadly.

tanks you.

But if you add all the content into our SVN it will take even longer and your repo will grow.

i only add the dll ( plugin and engine, after compile ue source ), and source code( complete ue source code with my change), .target( after compile ue source ), exe,
every time ,the one who don`t need change code will check out the file, excute the setup.bat generate GenerateProjectFiles.bat, and use the .uproject switch the engine, then they will work well.

nothing else i will commit to the svn. but it also very large.