Bink Video Size Limit?

Hello guys.

I am playing with some HD video editting and converting these videos to Bink and using them after UDK Logo Animation (powered by unreal technology). However there is only one video which is not being played, it is skipped, althought this bink video plays fine with Rad Game Tools and Bink Video Player, however UDK can`t read this file, I think it is because the file size (1.28GB). The small videos play fine.

Can anyone confirm this information? Is there a maximum file size limit for bink videos to be played? If yes, so what is the maximum file size?

Not sure,but it is possible to have a limit.I think i looked at the bink videos of the install folder of the first Outlast game,and they were like 14-30mb for a video,cant remeber,but never saw something like 1gb.

Thanks bro for the repply. As I said, I am creating a video trailer for my game in HD 1080p resolution (almost 5 minutes of duration), and I was trying some quality compression settings in Bink Video (bitrate). If we use the default bink compress settings, the image gets too much grained, noised, and many artifacts appear on the image. I found 100mbps a good bit rate, almost 100% of the original MP4 video quality.

However I already found a solution. Just split this video in small pieces (using adobe premiere), convert these parts to bink video and add these hink videos on the startup movies list in the ini file. Now it is working fine!

Thanks!!!