Multiplayer Programmer (m/f) for unannounced UE4 project

Limbic Entertainment is looking for an experienced multiplayer programmer (m/f). Your tasks would include optimization (also at the engine level) of network performance, handling of communications of a UE4 dedicated game server with related services and the implementation of multiplayer gameplay features. Candidates should have a good understanding of UE4’s network code as well as very good knowledge of C++.

More details and instructions for how to apply can be found here: http://www.limbic-entertainment.de/index.php/jobs

I am assuming you mean Male/Female when you have (m/f) in your description and on your website? Is that a common thing to do overseas?

No, that’s quite unusual… In most cases that should be just (m)

I’m kidding! Likely their translator didn’t account for the fact that not everything should be translated literally. But I see that (m/f) used by German companies all the time.

In German, most job titles have a male and female version (“programmer” would be “Programmierer” or “Programmiererin”), and job offers are always written including both versions. So, it’s not technically required here due to the post being English, but it’s very much culturally ingrained to make sure the job offer is for everyone.

Big fans of everything Limbic does so it would a be fantastic opportunity to work with you guys on this and hopefully future projects