I can't seem to cook non-map packages. How do I do that?

I want to cook all of my content into the finished game for a couple of reasons: I want to be able to load content arbitrarily, without it having been placed in a map. And I want the editor to access everything.

If I use UnrealFrontEnd, it seems to cook only maps. Without cooked packages, the shipped editor is empty. And when I start the editor with -cookededitor, the editor crashes after not finding a bunch of engine materials and stuff. To get around that, I’ve been shipping my Content folder. But that seems like I must be duplicating all of my assets. Can I make UFE cook non-map packages?

I tried using the command line too. With this command (saved in a .bat file)…

Win64\RPGTacGame.exe CookPackages -platform=PC HimekoSutoriContent HimekoSutoriContentNew HimekoSutoriContent3 RPGTacCity RPGTacCityMore RPGTacContent RPGTacMenu RPGTacRocks SobelEdgeContent HimekoSutoriMusic HimekoSutoriMusic2 HimekoSutoriMusic3 HimekoSutoriMusic4 HimekoSutoriMusic5 HimekoSutoriMusic6 HimekoSutoriMusic7 Sounds Sounds2 Sounds3 EditorLandscapeResources EditorMaterials EditorMeshes EditorResources EditorShellMaterials Engine_Lights Engine_MI_Shaders EngineApexResources EngineBuildings EngineMaterials EngineDebugMaterials EngineMeshes EngineProduction EngineResources EngineSounds EngineVolumetrics MapTemplateIndex MapTemplates MaterialTemplates MobileEngineMaterials MobileResources NodeBuddies HS_StartMenu.umap Alpha_Base.umap Alpha_Battlefield_Beach01.umap Alpha_Battlefield_Beach02.umap Alpha_Battlefield_Forest01.umap Alpha_Battlefield_Hills01.umap Alpha_Battlefield_Plains01.umap Alpha_HinodeJo.umap Alpha_HinodeJo_Exits.umap Alpha_HinodeJo_IntroNPC.umap Alpha_TimberHall.umap Alpha_World2.umap HS_GameOver.umap HS_Squad_01.umap HS_Squad_02.umap HS_Squad_03.umap HS_Squad_04.umap HS_Squad_05.umap HS_Squad_06.umap HS_Squad_07.umap HS_Squad_08.umap HS_Squad_09.umap HS_Squad_10.umap HS_Squad_11.umap HS_Squad_12.umap HS_Squad_13.umap HS_Squad_14.umap HS_Squad_15.umap HS_Squad_16.umap HS_Squad_17.umap HS_Squad_18.umap HS_Squad_19.umap HS_Squad_20.umap RPGTacEntry.umap RPGTacSquadMain.umap -final_release -full

…I should be cooking absolutely everything that the game or editor could possibly need. But then when I check my CookedPC folder, I see only maps, .tfc textures, .u compiled uscript files, and maybe a couple of other build artifacts, but my content is nowhere to be seen.

So is there a way that you know of to cook non-map packages? Or do you think I should just keep shipping my whole Content folder?

Oh yeah, also, in my game’s RPGTacEngine.ini, under [Engine.PackagesToAlwaysCook], I list all of those packages, and it doesn’t seem to help.

Package=HimekoSutoriContent
Package=HimekoSutoriContentNew
Package=HimekoSutoriContent3
Package=RPGTacCity
Package=RPGTacCityMore
Package=RPGTacContent

And so on.

If I do

SeekFreePackage=HimekoSutoriContent

Then it looks like UFE cooks the package, but changes the name to …_sf or something like that. And then my code for loading arbitrary stuff can’t find anything because the package name changed. Same problem with the editor–if I make the engine packages seek-free, then the name of the package changes, and editor -cookededitor still can’t find the assets and crashes.

Do what i usually do when i find problems, install a new UDK somewhere and port all the files and inis there and build from the clean UDK.

It could be a UDK without UT? I do use it and i build without problems.