What is the right way to stop objects from affect lighting?

I would like to temporary turn off a number of objects to speed up lightmap rendering iterations.
In Unity I simply toggle “active” button and the object completely stops affecting the world. How would I achieve the same in Unreal (ver. 4.16.2)? I’ve unchecked Visibility in World Outliner; I turned off Visible in Rendering tab in Details for the meshes (and the tooltip for Visible says it completely stops the object from rendering!). But it still renders shadows even if objects are invisible in the viewport. Sure I can manually turn off “cast shadows” or even make objects moveable, but it doesn’t feel right.

Here are 2 screenshots, one with objects on, and another where I try to turn them off as described above.

What is the correct way to temporary stop objects from affecting lighting in any way? Thanks.

Turn off CastShadows or assign some unlit material to it.

I thought about it, but it doesn’t feel right. I mean if it casts shadows then it might affect the scene in some other way? Maybe it participates in indirect lighting calculation or something.
Even if I don’t see visually that the object affecting scene, it might still take some processor time to render… something. I want to be sure it doesn’t slow my iterations.

You can make an object Movable and then it will not render when you build lighting, but it will also remove lighting that you built for that object. You can’t render portions of the level at different times.

Yeh, I didn’t want to render portions of level at different times, it’s just if I turn off a number of objects I will get faster iterations on lighting builds. Guess setting them up as moveable is the only option…

you don’t need to change their mobility, though that is usually the easier option - you could also have a sub-level filled with objects that do not get their lightmaps baked, then hide the level when you build lighting, and re-show it after.
that way, you just ctrl-x - ctrl-v in to the sublevel all the assets you dont want to bake, and its as easy as repeating in reverse to put them back.

That’s an interesting option, Construc_. Good to know, thanks!