Social Media app with UE4? Maybe this is in the wrong section, I'm new here.

Hi,

I’m new to UE4, C++ and the industry in general. I’m most familiar with Blueprints, I’m a visual learner and I like the format it makes sense to me, mostly.

My question is, would it be possible to create a social media-ish platform with UE4? I noticed that you could package your game to IOS, Android, HTML5, and I’m just thinking this would be a great way to make a content platform for my Dad for his illustration/artwork. Kind of like instagram, or iFunny (if anyone is familiar.)

I’m going through networking tutorials but it’s more for 3D game bandwidth control. I’d have to create my own login/user system for registration and host the content (comments, profile setup, content) as well. And I guess if it IS possible what keywords do I need to know in order to find the tutorials online on how to reverse-engineer this really in-depth engine to doing some simple stuff, mostly through the UMG.

-Finesse

Hi HardcoreFiness.

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: I intend to develop UE4 Powered 3D/VR Webpages, deploying UE4 to HTML presented from the HTTP Server. The UE4 Application communicates between HTTP Server via VaRest. My philosophy is to develop the 3D World with UE4, and Web App backend with the established web programming suite HTML, .PHP, Javascript.