Render gameplay from Sequencer?

Is it possible to render the gameplay of firstpersoncharacter from Sequencer, as opposed to just using screen capture software?

I want to attach a camera to the eye level of the firstpersoncharacter, and render out what the firstpersoncharacter sees while playing the game. So if the firstpersoncharacter jumps, the camera will follow the jumping movement. If the firstpersoncharacter has head-bobbing, the camera will also have the head-bobbing movement.

I guess it would need to have some way to record the movements of the firstpersoncharacter during gameplay, and later translate them into sequencer timeline, so that sequencer can render the movie based on the perspective of the firstpersoncharacter.

Am i correct? Is this possible? Hope to get some advice.

It could be possible, but it’s not something that the engine has a feature for.

There should be some plugins out there which can record & save the animation of gameplay character, and later translate them into sequencer. Anybody know of such a plugin?

You could look into the replay functionality built into the engine - if you are using the game framework it almost ‘just works’

You can also take a look at the sequence recorder: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Sequencer/Workflow/SequenceRecorder/

I’m also looking for a similar system, recording gameplay cinematics with a screen recorder software feels strange when there’s a cinematics tool called Sequencer in the engine.

The times I tried the sequence recorder it was really broken for me, animations not playing at the correct location/rotation (even with world location recording turned off), meshes not playing animations at all, a bunch of extra characters created for seemingly no reason, recording empty animations for things attached using copy pose to mesh and more. I don’t understand why the output from the sequence recorder is different from the actual gameplay.