Weird Event Tick behaviour

Hi everyone. I’m going mad at this thing and I’d like to get some help on it.
This setup is simply meant to switch a boolean variable from true to false and viceversa everytime I press a button. It works fine if it’s on my Blueprint Level or my Player Controller, it doesn’t work when it’s on my Character Blueprint and I can’t figure out why.
When it’s on my character it gives mixed true-false results.

Blueprint:

Beginning state:
false.PNG

After input pressed (it should just print True):
true.PNG

What am I missing?

Change that input action to be :

get bool–>not(inverts value)–>set bool with the not’d value.

EDIT: Also run a search through the BP for the variable and see if something else is messing with it’s value.

Maybe you’ve got two characters? Any non-possessed characters won’t print true.

Ok, after 2 hours I think I located the issue. Since I am using level streaming and I’m spawning my character by using TargetPoints in every level it seems like I am not spawning my character blueprint but some copy of it instead (it still seems weird to me because the spawned character have all my functionalities…). I think I’m getting close to a solution. Thanks IronicParadox and thanks cyaoeu for pointing me toward the right direction.

This was the method I was using to spawn the character (I thought it was fine since I never got any issue in my tests):

EDIT: Yep, that was the problem. I fixed it using this instead and now everything’s working as intended :