Is there a way to convert mesh to landscape?

Hi folks!

I’m working on a project about a museum. There is a big landscape area and it’s dimensions are fixed. So i can’t use Unreal Engine Landscape Sculpt Tools and modifiers.

As you can see there are holes and orthogonal corners… As you know exporting from Sketchup is not proper for everything. For example texture scale and tesselation… So i need to change my landscape mesh to landscape. Is there a way about this situation?

2 Likes

Unfortunately you cannot transform a mesh to a landscape, at least not with the editor.

You can create an additional small landscape and then modulate it to your geometry, I see no problem in using that approach, use your mesh material even. Or just use your mesh and no landscape at all.

only way to do this is to convert your mesh to a heightmap. xnormals, blender, maya, 3ds ect can all do it. then you import it into ue4 landscape tool. this will also make the landscape a square and fill in the holes.

4 Likes

its any way to do the same but inverse. to convert a landscape from create editor to a static mesh? . it is possible?

yes, How to export landscape and convert to a mesh?
i would suggest not hijacking other people’s threads.