UDK Dedicated Servers

Hi, we are finished with our paintball game using udk. We have tried to compile a pcserver through frontend and a batch file with no luck it just crashes. Do you have another frontend exe with pcserver compatability we need it for our dedicated servers or does anyone know how to compile a dedicated server. Thanks.

you can use batch files with builts try it try it. Did you ? If so tell me what error

We are having a problem getting -platform=PCServer to compile the files for a dedicated server in UDK.
TheUnrealFrontend.exe does not support -platform=PCServer So we are using a Batch file.
Once the compiling starts it goes for a bit. It reads how many maps it’s going to compile and it crashes.
In the logs it shows that it crashes at this point.

[0005.12] Log: StaticMeshActors will NOT be removed from cooked files.
[0005.12] Log: Static Light actors will NOT be removed from cooked files.
[0005.12] Log: Matinees will be baked and pruned when tagged as such.
[0005.12] Log: Matinees will allow overriding of bake and prune when tagged as such.
[0005.12] Log: FaceFX animations will be pulled into the persistent map.
[0005.63] Log: GeneratePersistentMapList> Clearing existing lists
[0005.85] Log: There are 27 levels to process
[0010.47] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x13297aa (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2014-02\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x227ef84 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2014-02\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x27bdeb1 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2014-02\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x27bdeb1 (filename not found) [in C:\UDK\UDK-2014-02\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

The problem that has me stumped is the udk.exe is in that folder at that path.
Is there some .ini setting i need to add or is it that the exe isnt capable of running this platform compile?
I can compile all other platform settings and the compile completes fine.

Im not sure if this is related,but have you tryed compiling the game with this:

I think it showed some hidden options by epic.

Couple things:

• We aren’t actually sure (anymore) if people have used UDK to cook for a dedicated server
  • Are you able to cook for Windows in general? You should be able run a server using normal windows content (it will be bigger, but hey, if it works…)
  • The filename not found errors are from looking for source code that matches those addresses. It’s not saying it can’t find UDK.exe
  • Please paste your command lines from your batch file
  • UnrealFrontend doesn’t do any more than just build command lines for the tools

Josh

Yes, we can cook a regular pc content, just not a dedicated server cook. Here is the batch file data:

C:\UDK\UDK-2014-02\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe CookPackages -platform=pcserver UDKFrontEndMap.udk PBEntry.udk PBS-Store.udk Compound.udk Compound2.udk Forest.udk GhostTown.udk GTBarrels.udk GTComplex.udk GTForest.udk GTSpools.udk GTSpoolsField.udk GTWoodTemples.udk HillSide.udk Huts.udk Outdoor.udk RattBall.udk Speedball1.udk Speedball2.udk Speedball3.udk Stadium.udk TheTubes.udk TheTubesA.udk TheTubesB.udk TheTubesC.udk TheTubesD.udk TheTubesE.udk Warehouse.udk Warehouse2.udk Warehouse3.udk -full

I would suggest to try to make the cook with less maps first, try to isolate if the problem is coming from a specific map (could happen)

For valves info. our servers work, we are asking about creating a dedicated server tool here but our regular servers work fine.