three overlaps leading to an event?

Hi,
i would like to push three buttons and then an event (like open new level). Somehow i cannot get it working. It sounds so easy to have three diffferent overlaps and then the event. But i dont know exactly where to start. Should i do this with a kind of inventory system, or can i do this much easier?

I’m new so I’m not entirely sure I understand what you want, but it sounds like you could have each button set a boolean variable to true and then check to see if all 3 variables are true, so when a button gets pressed it won’t do anything unless the others already have been.

thanks Sarrin for the reply. I tried about the same. But i have no clue how i reference a triggerbox or button to a variable that i can use in the levelBP. I can make 3 variables in the levelBP but then i dont know how to connect this with the objects/ buttons. Or i can make a variable in each ButtonBP,… but then i dont know how to use this in the levelBP:confused::wink: Its probably very very easy for most people, but somehow i dont get this one!

Hello,
here is a quick example of one possibility to do it : i created a thirdperson project, i added four trigger in level map then dragged them in level blueprint to have their references, then created 3 booleans. then did this and when player goes on one of the first triggers it checks if 3 are ok or not and react in the right way. the fourth one clears all.

edit : to have the first one : select character in map, then right click and type beginoverlap to have it.

you can use casting (cast to ______) to grab variables from and make references to things outside the blueprint you’re working on (see Fen’s blueprint above). It sounds like that node might be all you need. That said, I didn’t realize you can just drag and drop triggers into your blueprint to get references to them- Thanks Fen!

oh man guys thank you so much. It works just fine now and learned a lot again. I was on the right track but made some important mistakes as i see in the Fen’s BP.
This noob is very happy:D

oh no, i am getting crazy:confused::smiley:
I tested the nodes in the third person template, and it all works great. But i need it for my HTC Vive project, so the VR template. But if i do the same it doesnt work. I changed the print strings into spawn sounds. But somehow the variables work differently in this template?
6b3390cf8f1b8db9618a576e502ffc999d4741b2.jpeg

Does anybody sees (hopefully) a stupid mistake?

It’s a little blurry so I cannot tell being 100% sure. Since you’re using VR Template I assume you’re trying to push those buttons using motion controllers. From the screenshot attached it looks like you’re calling OnActorBeginOverlap event on VRPawn. You should call it on motion controllers instead.

thanks for the help! yes i thought so too, thats why i made it even easier for me (i thought). I made a overlap with a object (my crate). And that does work too in any other template, but here again unfortunately not!
Here are some pictures. The blue object is the “crate”, and the triggers before are the triggers 1-4 (trigger1_vondst; trigger2_vondst, etc). So when i put the blue object to the triggers,… it should work :slight_smile:

and