Modular Fantasy Environment

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to show off some WIP shots of my upcoming product. Keep in mind, it is VERY early in the dev process for this pack but this should give you an idea of what I’m going for with it. I plan to make a few props, a larger vestibule area and some exterior elements. For now, check out what I’ve got so far:

a005c83af0753c9bfef4a0cedccb9750a87b3501.jpeg

b08a3ba94941825039a120d2db6fc21646a2ad1d.jpeg

e3678e1953f31b9107cf482c256690d72c8db1a6.jpeg

73ae1cbc0ca256ad1daaa2f3e626c901a0c90624.jpeg

52e7522d3053059cffa7698043f6bc33992f1f70.jpeg

933ac36b43bf4d384a46f910c22afd7d0fde629d.jpeg

Nice that you finally start with fantasy stuff! Your screenshots look promising, a bit too shiny on the walls.

The golden borders make this a special type of area, of high influence. If you only plan indoor content it would help if the overall style goes a little darker, dungeon themed, or Abandoned Palace. Otherwise, exterior walls and windows would make this usable in more diverse settings. Ideas for extra content, throne, entrance, wide large room hold up with big columns.

The main wall material color, I think this should be more greyish-stonish. So a lighter color in the intersections, or really dark. The current bluish color on the walls, hard to judge. Floors and roofs, really nice.

yea, I would say your years of Sci-fi environments are showing through here… They lack the heavy matte finish of stone right now. Design wise though they really are gorgeous, it’s just those details overall that make it

Thanks unit23!

I plan both indoor and outdoor content with this product. I don’t feel that separating interiors/exteriors would make too much sense with this sort of style. There will definitely be exterior elements to it. =)

I definitely will have an entrance of some sort for the environment, and the vestibule area will likely have large columns. No promises, but that’s what I’m aiming for right now.

In terms of materials, this is definitely an area that will be reworked heavily. Even the color scheme, which I’m still playing with. I’ll try out your suggestions. I’d also mention that they are customizable. The meshes utilize tiling materials/trims so the buyer can tailor to their needs and artistic vision. Thank you for the feedback!

Hey Ironbelly!

Yeah if I’m being honest I’m not 100% satisfied with the material work yet. Definitely something I will be improving as I continue to work on this. Getting out of the futuristic workflow has been a challenge, but one that I aim to overcome. I appreciate your feedback!

It would also be good if you provide basic plain versions for basic shapes like walls, corners, floors etc, because otherwise you have less customization options, and because sometimes you want to improve performance and try to use the most basic options (in large architecture for instance not every corridor or room needs above designs).

I definitely plan to add as many variations as I can. I don’t think performance will be an issue when it comes to the meshes though. Right now the scene is maxing out at 120 fps and that’s with all of the lights set to dynamic. I’ll be monitoring it as things move along though, just as always. =)

The floor is amazing; not too sure about the gold trim on it though. Look forward to seeing more progress on it.

Thanks Cerebros!

Worked on improving the materials today. Pretty noticeable difference from the initial shots. Still more work to be done, but it’s coming along.

6875■■■989dd88dc02de69ae9cdbb250f4b70a86.jpeg

The biggest thing for me that I don’t see a lot of in other packs is having enough "special"rooms in these packs. I know that goes against the idea of modular but it would be great to have a set and build a castle that can easily have throne rooms, eating areas, jail/basements, chapels etc. that have slightly different architecture for the room.

Perhaps it’s just because I have 0 artistic abilities though and I’m a designer who wants plug and play. :slight_smile:

Looks good though, def. looks like a metal compared to marble. Any thoughts on having a few texture sets to get more mileage out of it for a game?

Hey Schags!

I’m plan on adding as much versatility as I can do this pack. Not just offering it in terms of material modularity, but also physical. I plan to have a vestibule area that could have a similar look to a throne room. No plans for a specific throne room currently, but it isn’t outside the realm of possibilities. We’ll see where it goes. I do like the idea. =)

I plan to include a wide variety of materials for people to play with, and as with other packs in my series there will be customization for the instances. As I get closer to release I’ll be able to show off more, including some diverse looking environments.

Only thing from the content above i would change fundamentally, the part with the two door type features looks unusual, maybe remove one of those (see my edits above :smiley: ) OR, the door shaoped feature could fill the entire wall, and then on top this circle, to make it distinct from a real door. Or maybe just the circle… and the background darker. And maybe some more attachments for the corridors …

This circle could shape could also be used as a sphere, for lights, hanging from the roofs. Also the center floor square could be extruded (see the Suntemple example main room with eh ocean view, also for the material) and on top featuring marble jars.

:wink:

More inspiration …

@unit23 - Thanks for the feedback! The wall with the two arches is far from unusual haha, I actually got the idea from a photo I saw of cathedral architecture when researching for this project. =P

I do like the idea of adding additional ornamental elements in the right half of your photo. The attachments you’ve posted above are giving me invalid links btw.

Yeah idk why this happened. Here another try of my second inspirational …

07658a33a5dd3202df443a1c002792b8aeaca8f1.jpeg

Also large picture frames would fit well on the walls, maybe even with intruded wall niches, and flags, emblems …

I would like to have some variants for banners, yeah. As for statues, nothing is set in stone with that just yet. But if it does happen I will do it in a larger hallway variant that is more accommodating to it. =)

Since i mentioned SunTemple, the cubes in the middle, one of my favorite materials (from the looks) … notice the reflections.

399e80f9aa495c1c77468731c17c1e6d9ae495d3.jpeg

Also notice the contrast, columns very bright, then red, roofs also red-white.

I don’t want to go with too much reflective metal in the example environments. I’m going for a different look. But you’re free to do as you please when it’s released. The meshes are setup in a way where all you have to do is apply your preferred material. =)

Here’s a room that can be used to break up the hallways. Plan to add unique wall elements to it in the future, and possibly something in the center.

076843427392bb5b370d572a408ee14f86b778aa.jpeg

625b6dfddc435acb98a03a4a66d86ce3778918b7.jpeg

66ee783e7260b629773b68f26f6cd479981b8757.jpeg