Glossy/Blurry Reflections?

Hello Folks,

I am trying to achieve glossy/blurry reflections.
But when I increase the roughness, it looks like only the background gets blurred while the reflection of the 3d geometry just fades out. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks
Felix

It’s bluring vertically but since it’s screen-space reflections that part is getting cut off since the top is close to the top of the screen

Thanks darthviper 107, I just found out that the SSR quality was too low. Thanks seems that everything below 60 results in sharp reflections. Even though it works fine now, is there a better alternative to SSR? I had a look at reflection capture actors, but the reflections were almost not visible.

For something like the floor you can use a 2D planar reflection capture, SSR can’t reflect things that aren’t currently visible in the rendered image so the undersides of objects won’t reflect so they made the planar reflection actor to cover that.

Thanks, I will try that

I am still not 100% clear on the planar reflections.
As far as i understood, it is neccessary to enable forward shading in the project settings?
after doing that, the project feels totally messed up.

shaders turn black, reflections work, sometimes they don’t and the ui becomes horrible slow, if the editor even starting.
is it recommended to use forward rendering (for archviz) at all or is common to work around the limitations? or am i doing something wrong? :slight_smile:

I don’t think forward shading is necessary.
The info is here: Planar Reflections | Unreal Engine Documentation