Omen 17 for UE4

Hey guys

I have the Omen X desktop at home and it’s awesome but as I need to be more mobile with work, is this laptop good enough to run UE4 please? (Will bump the ram from 16 to 32gb)

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2CS53EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB&p=c-OMEN-by-HP-gaming-laptops

I have a MacBook Pro at the moment but the gpu is only 2gb compared to this HP laptop which is 8gb

Thoughts please guys, and thank you

Omen is alright, but I have my heart set on the Dell Inspiron 15 7000.
Best budget laptop on the market now.
Although, it’s doesn’t have a 1070.

I have the exact same specs as this with the Alienware r4, and it does really good.
I got the one with Tobii to play around with it in UE4. A ram upgrade is worth it.
I really recommend getting a Great backpack for it’s weight, and size.
It’s going to be hot, and heavy if it’s going to sit on your lap at anytime a really good adjustable stand similar to this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017XR0XWC/ref=asc_df_B017XR0XWC5090603/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B017XR0XWC&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167143583238&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5370794560440347586&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011789&hvtargid=pla-310501745722

thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

thank you for the reply. yeah i will have it on my office desk, i have the omen x desktop at home and its amazing but was just thinking about maybe a laptop as easier to move etc
seems pretty good specs.

Yes, Omen 17 should run. But what I would recommend is building your own PC. Its cheaper, and better.

thanks so much for the reply. but should run? I thought a laptop with these specs would eat up UE4 for breakfast (especially with 32gb ram)

It should run well. I’m guessing 144FPS. I got 30 - 40FPS on my old PC. Here were its specs:

Intel Core i3 2.9GHz
4GB RAM
Intel Integrated Graphics 2500 HD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I think that even an HP Omen 15 should “eat it up for breakfast”. An Omen 17 should diminish UE4.

Thank you for reply. Ahh sorry you meant it should run well, that’s good. I have the HP Omen X at home and it’s fantastic. But just need something more meaty in the laptop division.
Thanks again for replying.

Thank you for reply. Ahh sorry you meant it should run well, that’s good. I have the HP Omen X at home and it’s fantastic. But just need something more meaty in the laptop division.
Thanks again for replying.
[/QUOTE]

No problem.