Ability to export RenderTargets into TGA, PNG, TIFF

Hello!

It will be very nice to see an ability to render not only to HDR but also in other file formats; and to select between 8/16/32 bits.

Best regards.

The capability to read back render targets and export their contents into image formats is already possible in the engine - you will need to do it in C++ though.

It would be nice to do it through blueprints though. I prefer to stay away from the raw code as much as possible.

I donated code that saves the output of scene capture components to Rama’s Victory Plugin quite a while ago.
Used it recently, still works, though could go with some updates to make it support multiple bits etc.

It is cool, but why not to make BP nodes? Not all artists/developers have programming or coding skills.
Also, sometimes you just have troubles with installing Visual Studio and its components, especially when you are already have another software (like 3dsmax, zbrush etc.)

I just want to say that if Blueprints are so powerful (and it is true) - why not to make them a bit more flexible for artists?

I think there are areas where we have to build ourselves some features that we needed - although that can be sometimes grey area. It is not that hard.

There seems to be usable code in the ‘answers’ to the question posed here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/384499/texturerendertarget2d-saved-to-png-is-much-darker.html
So what you can do is to go into VC++, create a blueprint function library class and do some copy+paste with bit of modifications, done.

I can’t use VC++ because my system crashes every time when Visual Studio was installed and I need to make a recover procedure. I’m not alone, I think.