Help With Game Crashing.

I created a simple game for testing publishing apps on Google play. I have a ZTE Z970 running Android OS 4.4.4. The app works fine on my phone but when I tried to download it on a friends LG G stylo running Android OS 5.1 (I think) it crashed after the splash screen. Unfortunately, I can’t ask my friend to stay over while I try to figure out why my game crashes (he has his own life to live).

So I was hoping anybody here with an Android phone running 5.0 or later would kindly install my app and see if it crashes, and, if it did could send me a crash log so I can try to figure out what I did wrong.

Since I saw my game crash on another phone I changed the target SDK to 22, and packaged all the game data inside an .apk instead of using an additional .obb. The Game still works on my phone but I need to know if it still crashes on OS 5.0 or later and if so why.

You can search for my Game Title: Fidget Spinner FX. ( I started this test app when the #1 app on Google play was the fidget spinner game). Here is the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CaevialtoGames.FSFX&hl=en

Thank you.

I think that a logcat would be more precise to locate the problem.
Without it i would guess that could be because the newer android policies.
if you get the xapk error, and the game runs when you are not using a obb file that must be the probable reason.

On My phone I am not getting any errors, the game works just fine. It was just when I tried to download it on another persons phone running a newer version of the Android OS it crashed at the splash screen. I set the target SDK to 22 to avoid the new runtime permissions as per this post:

http://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?149507-App-force-closes-and-says-it-has-stopped-right-after-launching-on-Android

The game works on my phone (running OS 4.4.4) with and without the .obb file. I was at Walmart and saw some pretty cheap phones with android 6.0 and 5.1, so when I get a chance I’ll pick those up so I can have more devices to test apps on.

Thanks again.

I tried it on an S7 Adreno running 6.0.1 without problems.

Thank you, I’m not sure what fixed it I’m just glad it works. Could it be possible that newer phones might have issues with games where the target SDK is older?