Every mesh has different light colors and intensity after baking...Also Swarm Agent not Swarming

Hello! I seem to have ran into a strange problem where baking my GI results in this.

6855f4d18572321108f1134457a92bb1b28fe174.jpeg

As you can see, every module, that is to say, my corridor is modular and made up of 4 meter long wall segments, roof segments, and floor segments, every module seems to bake with slight changes in its lighting.

I have baked this on Production quality, and every module has a lightmap resolution of 1k. The shadow UV is snapped to the pixels of a 1k template image and I have set up importance volumes…
In fact this has happened every time I have tried to bake lights on all of my test levels and things.

PS: I’ll use this opportunity to ask anohter question I’ve been meaning to ask for weeks now, I bought a second PC to use to bake GI, but Swarm Coordinator doesn’t seem to distribute my tasks. This is how it looks;

ac550dc1e824d2996eac89d9648341bd6a0f1795.jpeg

1a599417801decca1277bf7a2e63cbf89c4b7681.jpeg

Does anyone know why it might not be working? It sees my PC, I can ping each PC, but nothing happens.

That is because Lightmass handles calculations per mesh and does not sync the irradiance cache(s). Thus you get different shadings per meshes.
So this is due to the way lightmap processes the scene.
This has been discussed a bazillion times already in the forum.
Solutions are (among some more):

• Obcure the seam with additional geometry
  • use dynamic lighting
  • Avoid large areas dominated by indirect lighting

Cheers

I can sense how annoyed you must be by people asking this question all the time…
…I am going to ask another question every thread like this must have gotten and say;
But how do they do stuff like this? Architecture Real-time - Unreal Engine 4 Archviz - YouTube Are you implying their entire house interior mesh is a single geometry?

Nah. :slight_smile: What I meant was “A lot of people have that issue and there is no ultimate solution”

The walls of one room might actually be a single mesh. In general, when doing a modular design, it is possible to create the assets in a way so that seams fall into or onto a 90deg corner.
There, differences in shading look “natural”, well at least not that wrong :slight_smile:

As for the lighting. Im not sure if that is static lighting, or fully dynamic (maybe even VXGI?).

I am certain it isn’t fully dynamic… Well okay my words can’t display the full spectrum of my disappointment, but I guess I can obscure with geometry and use less granular modularity and stuff. Seems like VXGI isn’t updated to the lastest Unreal engine and I don’t wish to build my own Unreal branch for it, oh well. Thank you for your time!

Now if only someone could help me with the Swarm Coordinator thing I’ll be on my way!

A good cathedral hallway needs some ornaments and pillars attached to walls anyway :wink: