Set View Target with Blend node error

Hey everyone,

I am having an issue when trying to create a shared local multiplayer camera for a fighting game. I am using the SideScroller template for this project. Following the tutorial linked here. As this tutorial is a bit outdated, I followed the changes as posted in this Unreal Answers post linked here which solved many of my errors. However, I am getting one error that I cannot figure out: “Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetPlayerController_ReturnValue2 from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_CameraFocusActor’ from node: Set View Target with Blend in graph: EventGraph in object: CameraFocusActor with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetPlayerController_ReturnValue2.” For reference, here is a screenshot of my current blueprint:

I’ve made sure to assign Character 1 as “Player 0” and to assign Character 2 as “Player 1” under Pawn in each instance’s settings. I’ve also made sure in my project settings that “Use splitscreen” is unchecked under Maps & Modes. I would appreciate any suggestions you all might have. Thanks!

Thats imo because client player cannot access to other player controllers (only server can). If you run only 1 player game then you dont have this problem?

That makes sense, thanks for that. So do you have any suggestions on what node I can use for the same effect instead of a second “get player controller”? I’m going to be adding in multiplayer eventually but as of now I haven’t added that functionality, as I need to go out and buy the cord to hook up my controller as a game pad for player 2.

Well multiplayer is a little tricky. For example, when you are in lobby level where both players pressed ready, then you start loading playable level. In gamemode of playable level, when player is loaded, GameMode fire “on swap player controllers” event. Store these new player controllers as references and then use these references when using camera blend node… this might work. Primarily in multiplayer is to do stuff with correct player controllers.