4.17 Build Error: Developer certificates not found in the sys keychain

I’m trying to remote build the ARSample in 4.17 and whenever I go to package the project for iOS I stumble across this error.
Before posting this question I was sure to go into my Apple Dev Portal and made sure I am using a valid mobile developer provision as well as certificate.
After that I checked my Mac, running OSX 10.12.5, and added several times my certificate into keychain access and then moved it from login to system.
After that I exported my certificate to a .p12 file and transferred it over to my Windows PC.
From there I opened up IPP, because trying to import the mobile provision and certificate from project settings was acting a little weird, and imported my provision and certificate.
Then I opened up project settings and changed the bundle identifier to match the string that is used in my mobile provision, and it does.
When I verified that all the information was correct and clicked package to iOS I was presented with this lovely error: ‘PackagingResults: Error: Failed to sign executable. Make sure your developer certificates have been installed in the System Keychain on the remote Mac.’
I have done countless hours of googling this error and looking on every forum post to see if anyone else’s resolution could solve this problem for me and none of them worked.
I have tired revoking all my certificates and doing the process all over again from scratch and nothing seemed to change.
I have even tried different projects and different engines, such as 4.16.2, and still receive this error.
Just about any solution on every forum post I have already tried and nothing has worked.
Does anyone have any other solution to this problem that I might not have tried yet?
I’m about to give up and just build my app in XCode using the ARKit that way.

The error message is telling you exactly what’s wrong.

1. On your remote mac’s dock, open the Launchpad, and open Other
  2. Open Keychain access
  3. Select “login” on the left-hand side. You should see your Developer certificate in the list of certificates.
  4. Drag 'n drop that certificate onto “System”, right below “login”.
  5. You should be good to go now!

3b) If you don’t see your certificate there, you’ll need to add it by pressing the “+” button on the bottom. Make sure it’s in the System keychain.

EDIT: Woops, you might have tried this.

I recommend exporting directly from your keychain, and moving those files from your mac to the Windows build machine. Make sure they are using the same certificates. Before doing this, clear out any certificates that might be hanging around on your Windows machine. Unreal might be selecting a different one than you’re expecting. I have trouble telling them apart in my Project Settings.

Hey Christian thanks for the reply.
But I have already tried that as well as exporting from my key chain to windows and am still presented with the error :confused:
Just to be sure I tried it again and that hasn’t worked!

Bizarre. You might want to make sure you’re using Developer certificates (IOS Development), and not Distribution (unless you actually are trying to upload to iTunes Connect, which if you are, make sure you’ve enabled “For Distribution” in the Project Settings).

Failing that, I’d try seeing if you can sign just a basic “Hello World” iPhone app in Xcode. Make sure you’ve got working certificates and provisioning profiles there first.

Sorry for the delayed response I wasn’t in the office the past few days.
I went through and double checked that I am using iOS Development certificates and I am enabled for distribution in the project settings.
I might try another mac for a remote build and see if that works.

Don’t enable “For Distribution”, unless you actually are using Distribution certificates. Since you said you’re using “Development” certificates, make sure to uncheck that setting.