AOnlineBeacon Functionality

I know there has been a few articles on this stuff, but I’m really just lacking the core usage and functionality of AOnlineBeacon. I would like to customize the a Beacon Host to listen to RPCs from the client, but am running into issues getting that to work.
I’ve read the article on UE4’s Documentation page, but it doesn’t really provide a good understanding of how to use the AOnlineBeacon class. I have inherited from the class to extend its funcitonality with no luck. My project runs until it gets to InitBase();
Not exactly sure why this is happening, but like 99% of programming errors, it’s probably something that I’m doing wrong. Any help / advice to get me out of this rut would be amazing.

Check out Unreal Tournament. As far as I know it’s the closest you can get to example content for online beacons. Unfortunately, 99% of folks who are using them haven’t helped to fill in the documentation gaps.

Well, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. When I figure out how to setup and use Online Beacon Actors, I will post an instructional on how to use it as to help clear up usage for future developers.

I thought they were using Online Beacons for Paragon. I might be thinking of something else, but I swear there is something somewhere either on these forums or on YouTube about using the beacons in Paragon and how they set it up. Hope you find more information.

It’s definitely one of those, super scarce, super top-secret, sort of topics. You’d think that UE4 Engine Developers would have posted some better documentation by now, (since online beacons have been out since UE3).

To be honest if you want to make a game that could have a significant online presence, beacons are definitely something you want.