Are Cloth Physics appropriate for pants and t-shirts?

The examples I’ve found so far involve things like trench coats, hanging cloths, ect. Stuff that’s more “off” than “on” so to speak. Working on a cinematic atm and am wondering if any loose fabric is a good candidate for cloth physics or if this is mostly for when it would look weird if said physics /weren’t/ there.

Tight T-shirt under a coat: Probably not.
Said coat: Possibly, particularly if baggy or in reference to the bottom of the coat.
Baggy Jeans: Probably not?

I haven’t used the cloth tools yet as I’m still in the midst of building my rig and finalizing the characters. I’m just trying to figure out how the cloth tools are meant to be used so that I can resolve where the lines lie between making the cloth static, rigging it for baked deformation, and cloth physics. I mention that it’s a cinematic as it means that real time performance isn’t the concern. The documentation wasn’t super clear on the tool’s capabilities other than the basics of making it work.

My characters will be undertaking a decent number of obstacles and will be, for instance, tumbling through the air, walking against the wind, making quick and sudden movements, and general combat stuff. I don’t yet know how well I’ll be able to do things like simulating wind on cloth but iirc there’s a built in wind system that works with cloth already and should be able to be altered dynamically.