Sprint for the finish line...

For the past year we have been working on a VR project that supports Vive/Oculus and plan to release a free demo as soon as it’s ready (just a few loose ends to tie up). We are a very small team (2 developers including myself) but with many years of industry experience combined, however this is our first experience working on Unreal engine and have many questions that we would like advice on before moving forward. I feel the need to hire an experienced programmer to assist us leading up to release and that it would be good use of funds, so here I am looking for some additional help!

I’m looking to hire an experienced programmer from the Unreal community with VR experience, and who preferably has work submitted/accepted on the Unreal Marketplace. While it is also preferred that you already own an Oculus or Vive, we could secure you a unit for the duration of the contract if necessary. The ideal candidate should have a broad understanding of the Unreal development pipeline (especially with blueprints), organization, networking, and packaging. Your job would primarily involve but not be limited to…

• General evaluation of structure and project settings
  • Save system integration
  • Multiplayer network replication
  • UI and scalability settings

Once I have been in contact with any interested qualifying candidates and our NDA (I will send you a copy) is signed and returned, I would be happy to share as much information as desired so we can move forward and determine if you would be the right fit for our needs. Any interested candidates can either reply here with your preferred method of contact (Skype works for me) or private message me here directly on these forums. When responding please include your preferred method of contact and how to reach you, I will respond to all inquiries usually the same day, thank you for considering us!

-Jason

Hey Jason, I sent over a PM and look forward to chatting with you soon. We wrapped up work on an Unreal VR project recently and are always ready to get started on new ones. Cheers!