Are the descriptions on the Marketplace reviewed at all?

Hi,

Do you guys at Epic have still have a review process for the descriptions of your content on the Marketplace? A few years ago you said you had one but I think it’s the fifth time I purchase a pack based on its description and then find out it contains a little less or in this case, half of the assets advertised. It makes me a lot more careful about buying stuff from the Marketplace as I no longer trust these descriptions. I would purchase a lot more assets if I had trust in the system, and you’d avoid a lot more refunds.

Hey there Stefan!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with this, and that it is impacting your experience with the marketplace. Send an email to marketplace-support@unrealengine.com with the list of products that don’t contain accurate descriptions and they will be able to contact the necessary sellers for revisions.

I’m surprised you’ve encountered this issue as often as you have! Definitely make sure to request a refund if you’d like, per Epic Games Technical Support & Customer Service | Epic Games.

If you ask for a refund, or as SE_JonF said, if you message the marketplace-support email, they’ll reach out to the seller to have them correct their description.

Thanks guys, I’ve sent an email to the above mentioned address.

And thank you for your wonderful packs Jon, one can always count on you!

I hope you’re able to get it sorted out. And thank you, that means a lot! =)