An idea to help those who cant animate

so I was thinking…
what if there was an application that could generate animations. yea I know that we are a bit far off from doing it from scratch… well atleast without it looking bad, but I think it still can be done. with a good library of animations, it should be possible to blend between them to make new animations.but multiple parts of the library would have to follow a set of rules to stop desync. for instance, all of the walk forward animation would have to have all of the steps land all on the same frames…

for example, the program would work something like this:

• you would what kind of skeleton you want to be working with. so biped, quadruped, and whatever.
  • then you pick the type of animation. so things like forward locomotion, jump, attack, etc (maybe even be able to make complete sets)
  • after that, you would pull some sliders to add aspects to the animation, that being stuff like stagger, rigidity, stutter, limp and what not. (so that would be the part where all the blending of the animations happen )
  • finally exporting and all that fun stuff.

so what do you all think about this, is it possible?

I think something like this would really help indie devs and those who cant animate

oh, sorry for typos.

The engine already works that way–
You can get a set of animations and retarget the animation to different skeleton rigs. For most movement animations you can use Blend Spaces to combine and adjust animations (like having a character shoot a gun while running)
Systems like this are necessary to have more realistic movement since it’s difficult to anticipate all the ways someone might move a character and this is much more efficient and easier to understand.

Besides that though, you’re going to have to create new animations that do what you want.

There is a site called mixamo it allows you to rig and and set up animations for free…