UE2 demorec error

Hi,

I recently added demorec in my UE2 classes to automatically start recording gameplay. I usually can play the game through for an hour, but since I’ve added demorec, the game throws an error consistently after about half an hour with the following error:

Assertion failed: Channel [File:.\UnLevTic.cpp] [Line: 1101]

History: ULevel::TickDemoRecord <- UpdatePostDemoRec <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

I’m not even sure what this is. I don’t have a file called UnLevTic.cpp
Is it because demorec is running too long?

Thanks in advance for any help

I don’t know what demorec is. I’ve never used UE2. Sorry for not providing an answer here for you, but I am just really curious and I have to ask: What project are you working on that’s in UE2, and how long have you been working on it?

Demorec is a console command that allows you record gameplay – it outputs a dem file which you can play afterwards with the console command demoplay. We’re running a navigation study with UE2 and are using a game that was developed awhile ago with some modifications

Help? I’m still trying to figure out how to fix the problem where demorec crashes unreal…

Here’s the error as is written to the log files:

Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: Channel [File:.\UnLevTic.cpp] [Line: 1101]
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UALAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Critical: ULevel::TickDemoRecord
Critical: UpdatePostDemoRec
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down

Thanks in advance for any leads!!!

I did some more testing – it’s not because demorec is running too long, but that when demorec is running in conjunction with a function we have that starts the game after a pause if a certain number of a given keyboard press is detected. This function calls AllActors(), and the game seems to crash when demorec is running AND the function is called 985 - 989 times (tried it a handful of times).
It seems like an interaction between demorec and AllActors() – maybe some (settable??) memory limitation??

Any ideas?