Benefit of using C++ instead of BluePrint?

Sorry if this is a raging issue or answered somewhere else, I haven’t seen it. Plainly is there a reason to code instead of script with Unreal? Is there a real benefit in coding? I was following a book to code in unreal and something, like adjust the rotation of a door, was very straight forward when compared to blueprints, however, blueprints do give a better sense of organization which is why I am still using it. I am scared that at some point in my development(Multiplayer 4v4 game) that I will realize I needed C++ and must start over or something. Please your honest professional opinion is highly appreciated. Also, my University courses that start next month are for Java… I don’t know if that matters at all but I felt I should point that out in case it is a sticking point. Thanks!

This question has been done to death but I’ll humour ya:

1- UNLIMITED POWER. A lot of stuff is not exposed to Blueprints. With C++ you get access to literally everything.

2- Performance. C++ is a lot faster than Blueprint in almost every way. The new Blueprint Nativizer helps - but it doesn’t always work and it still can’t produce code as fast as that which you can write. Sometimes though, this doesn’t matter. (if it runs at 60, who cares right?)

3- MUCH better for Networking. Multiplayer in C++ is much more flexible than Blueprint due to all the fancy things you can do with packing variables etc.

4- IMO, required for any kind of game that breaks the UE4 norm. If you want to make a game that’s particularly different (i.g, not character-based) - then BP is limited in what it can help you with.

5- Required for some platforms (Consoles etc.)

6- C++ is a good skill to learn, and applicable to other industries. Java is fine and you can do all sorts with it, but C++ is just more powerful.

7- Organisation. Blueprints turn into a mess pretty quickly, even with good commenting and collapsing nodes. C++ always comes out neater and easier to understand IMO.