Character to move to where mouse is clicked?

Hi!

Very new to UE4, am wondering how to get the character to move to wherever I click with the mouse on screen.

It’s a black blueprint project and a 2D scene i’m working on. The background is literally just a sketched drawing that is viewed front-on with an orthogonal camera. The background is a tile map with some boxes so that the player doesn’t fall out of the scene due to gravity. Gravity isn’t something i need at all actually.

Also need to mask off areas that are no-go for the character. Is just making tiles collidable the best way to do this? I’d prefer not to do any of this with the top-down project.

Thank You.

post a picture of how the 2d game looks

So if i set view to top, it’s just a sketch, which a 2d character would walk around, also the character would be flat. The game would consist of lots of levels, each with puzzles that the character interacts with. I decided on top-down to negate any problems with gravity as i can’t see to turn it off.

Re-guarding the tile map background, i’ve tried but can’t get a nav mesh box to work with it so that there are actually areas where the character can walk within the sketch. Character shouldn’t be able to walk where there are walls etc, but floor areas and doors etc should be navigable by mouse click.

What i do is import the sketch into ue4, it says texture group ‘world’, i don’t edit any of that. Then i create tile set from it, and select which tiles i want to have colliding boxes on them. Then i create tile map. I simply use the fill tool to transfer the entire thing at once into a tile map made up of the same number of tiles.

Is the collision thickness and 2D or 3D physics something i need to alter?

I’ve managed to make the character not fall through the scene by setting its Character Movmement component to a gravity scale of 0.0. So while it can’t walk around the scene, and nav paths aren’t being generated, at least i can see it in the scene.