Mesh messed up when animated

Hi guys! I’m trying to learn Unreal and have tried most things but one thing is still messed up.
I use Mixamo to rigg characters and create meshes but when they are animated they look like this (See attachment).
The knees are gone and the legs looks like to sloppy snakes hanging down.

Is there a way to fix it? Like adding skeleton in blender, import in different settings or something like that?
I have heard many use Mixamo characters to learn unreal but they don’t seem to have this issue.

Thanks in advance guys! :slight_smile:

Go to advanced settings in the Targeting Window and reset all of your bones from animation to Skeleton except for Root and Hip (but I think Mixamo rigs with no root bone so just leave hip on animation, but change everything else to skeleton). That should fix the bones.

Sometimes Mixamo rig need a bit of polishing in the skinning section. It looks to me as skinning issue.

it does kinda look like you messed up on the hip and leg locations, but… I had problems with the lower body too with mix/blender files, and what you have to do is name the ‘armature’ for the char and anim to ‘root’

https://youtu.be/-a79tRO7M0I