Static mesh imported from Blender turns black when building lighting

Hello,

I created a road model in Blender, and exported it to Unreal Editor project. But the imported static mesh turned black when building lighting like below.

How can I fix it?

Best Regards.

When you make custom meshes and don’t add in a lightmap channel they turn black when importing into the engine. You may need to go back into Blender and add in the missing Lightmap. Or change light settings to 1 for the lightmap channel if its set to 0… That may work but if you have no lightmap channel in your model you’re importing you can go into light settings and click override to get the light to show up. But everytime you rebuild the lighting again it will it turn back to black again if there is no lightmap channel in the actual model. So you have to add the lightmap in with
Blender and bake the lightmap in. I don’t know how to do that process yet.

Did you unwrap your mesh?

Hi cyaoeu,

Thank you very much! I unwrap the mesh in Blender and then it works now. :smiley:

Hi tozan,

Many thanks for your detailed answer! It’s very helpful. So I tried the method from A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums, but I have not succeeded. I will update the post once I get it working.