Questions about my first Marketplace submission

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I’m currently developping the Multiplayer Combat Editor and everything is almost ready for submission.
But I have a few questions before going ahead and I don’t want to rush anything.
If some experienced marketplace sellers out there would be kind enough to enlighten me, I’d really appreciate!

• I’d like to provide a free download link to an example project but I’m afraid of the possibility for people to “extract” the assets (Blueprints) from the .exe - is it a legit fear or should I just go ahead?
  • I’ve followed the “guidelines” of several different threads, am I missing something?
    Submission Guidelines
    FaQ and Guidelines
    Coding Standards
  • How much submission time should I expect (considering it’s an heavy code plugin with lots of blueprints, I’ve heard months)?
  • Can I send updates of the plugin while it is in a submission process? If I only update COMMENTS of the code, would it reset the whole submission process?
  • Can I submit a Plugin considered in “BETA”? What does checking the “Beta version” box do (in the Plugin settings)?
  • How much user requests do you receive in average / week?
  • Is there anything particular I need to know that is not obvious / stated? Something you have in mind maybe?
  • If I update the plugin with new features, do I have to add them to all plugin versions? (4.15 and 4.16 for instance) or can I only update the latest one?
  • There is no “Image Thumbnail” field when submitting a new asset, I’m thinking about the Thumbnail you can see in the Marketplace while browsing, how can I decide which picture will it be?

And I think that’s all :slight_smile:

I’m super excited and I can’t wait to enter the submission process.
I thank in advance anyone who’ll be kind enough to answer me.

In the meantime, have fun in your projects everyone :slight_smile:

I just wanted to Bump :smiley: but apparently it was too short of a message.

You probably would’ve been better off posting in the Marketplace forum.

• Your pack is going to end up on pirate sites no matter what, so I really don’t see any reason for concern about people going to the trouble of extracting stuff from your demo.
  • Yeah, expect it to take months, especially at the moment.
  • I don’t know exactly what their internal process is. You can upload new versions during the submission process, and in my experience changes don’t reset the whole process, but it’s hard to say.
  • I don’t know what, if anything, marking a plugin as beta does (probably just a label in editor?), but officially Marketplace doesn’t have anything like this.
  • You’re supposed to support the 2 most recent engine versions, but that doesn’t mean they both need to have all features. Sometimes it won’t be possible because new plugin features might depend on new engine features.
  • They’ll get back to you later in the process asking for more specific images.

Allright! Thanks a lot for your answers, I think I’m good now :slight_smile:

I’ll make sure to post in the Marketplace section next time.