thankyou epic! :)

4.1.6.2 never crashes!!! this is awesome!!! just wanted to say you guys at epic are verrrrry much appreciated!!!

thanks for all you guys do!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s 4.16.2. and Epic says you’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Yep, Unreal has been extremely stable for me ever since version 4.15. I can’t remember getting a single crash. Thank you epic for your great work. :slight_smile:

I don’t see a crash since 4.15 as well.

I must push the engine too hard or my projects are too big or something as I suffer through multiple crashes daily. For example, I changed the type of a variable in a blueprint… crash! I moved an asset from one folder to another… crash! I reparented a blueprint… crash! I made a variable a set (instead of an array)… crash! I used to report them, but it is so bad I just don’t bother any more. Not to mention they don’t get fixed anyway. I reported the variable set crash many versions ago and has since been verified by Epic and other users, but no fix yet. I do 99% of my work in C++ now and avoid the buggy editor like the plague.

I experience a couple of crashes daily
but 95% of them are my fault :cool:

Try removing all the cached/saved data in your project folder: /Saved, /Intermediate, also /vs, generated sln, everything.
If that doesn’t help, well, you could only wait for the next releases.

BTW, I work mostly in blueprints and crashes are very rare in my case :wink:

I’m really glad to hear that a number of you are seeing improved stability. This has been a big focus of ours in recent releases, and we are expanding on it even more for future releases.

That said, we are aware that some crashes, specifically the D3D HUNG crashes continue to occur regularly for some users depending on system hardware and drivers. We are making progress on this issue and hope it can also be resolved soon.

Cheers

i just wanted to mention i used to have that d3d hung crash problem. i just upgraded to windows 10 and now that problem is gone. maybe that will help someone. (didnt update my video card either).

It’s possible to crash the engine if you’re doing something stupid though. A while ago I reorganized my folders and one of the folders contained a lot (100 or so) cubemaps. When moving that folder I crashed due to UE4 loading every texture into VRAM. It would be nice if UE4 could look at free VRAM available and calculate how VRAM operations would take before actually doing them, and stop with a warning if it would use too much VRAM and crash.

Now that I think about it… I haven’t had one single crash in the new version.

I also had little trouble in 4.15

I’m using the new version and have had quite a few crashes trying to load demo scenes from the marketplace.