First project widget controls problem.

Hey,
I am currently doing a game development course and am up to making a mobile game project, it is going okay but my touch control solution is not working as it should, I was hoping you guys that know better could give me a nudge in the right direction.

It is a simple side scroller, with left, right or jump controls, so I have three buttons on a widget. The buttons all do what they should do, but if the player jumps while moving left or right then the character will stop moving left or right until the button is repressed.

This is not ideal.

If I use the touch joystick then it works, however the controls move in unneeded dimensions and really only have to be digital, not analogue, so the inbuilt controls are not ideal either.

The buttons are set up very simply, so the problem may be obvious to some, at least I hope it is.

Here are some screens of my character and widget blueprints.

It is fixed now, I made three changes. First I moved the direction buttons to their own widget, and changed the character blueprint to use the sequence thingo, and lastly I unticked the ‘is focusable’ box, I think it was the last thing for anyone having similar issues.