Industrial game environment

Here is the most recent project I’ve been working on by myself for my portfolio as I try to improve my work while trying to break into the game industry as an environment artist.

Updated the lighting on the scene to get more contrast, hopefully it looks better now.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/OVQE6
41a0c0dd1e884b6830b6d1b09cd92183b328ecfc.jpeg

Loving the wraps around the poles, looks pretty convincing!

Looks a lot better after the improvements, Im not so sure about the concrete texture on the ceiling and pillar, looks a bit stretched in places

Thanks! it was a painful process to figure out the right way to do it with marvelous, zbrush and max, but at the end it was worth it :slight_smile:

Updated the lighting again, increased some values to get better contrast and definition (there were way to many black areas) and added an hdri sky to the scene to get better looking exterior and light inside. Also increased the light mass quality a bit and increased the exposure in the post process volume.

3a8975ea595b4fd4c9ea27b90800f67f4d659eb9.jpeg

Nice lighting update, keep it up!

Agree, the new lighting looks really good, a lot crisper…a bit like night and day compared to the earlier ones! Did you change contrast and definition values in the light sources, or was it in postprocessing or what? I tend to end up with lots of black areas too.

Mostly by increasing the quality of the light bake and getting rid of unnecessary fill lights.

Looks great. I’m sure you’ll be hired in no time. What resolution are the textures?

Thanks! I believe they are all 2k textures.

OK, thanks for the tip!

Looking very nice mate! Good job. Although the video itself is a bit stuttery on my end, not sure if that’s my computer / youtube though.