Blueprint Node Bypass

Houdini has a neat feature which will allow the end-user to bypass a node and continue its exec through the node network. It sure beats having to unpin the exec wire… very fast. Anyway, certain nodes in BP I think this would work well with. Has that been considered on the UE4 side of things? Thanks.

teak

This was requested before and now it is in 4.16 as experimental feature :slight_smile:

If there was a pin coming out of the ‘False’ exec as well, which path will the execution take when the Branch node is disabled?

Good question :smiley:

Disable is for node, not the write. I did quick test with branch node. True wire is always called when Branch node is disabled. I guess this is one of reasons why it is still experimental.

NICE. I didn’t even know that was there and yes, I do read the release notes. <smiles>

I’ll check it out further on some of the nodes that I use a bit…

teak

That’s really nifty! Thanks for the insight!!!

teak

The readability issues are part of the reason this is still experimental, the bigger one is that the conditional mode (‘development only’) cannot work properly due to ‘cook in the editor’, and it will probably be removed in the future. As a reminder, experimental features are experimental for a reason :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Michael Noland

So wait, the node disable feature may be removed?

Any experimental system might change radically or go away in the future. However in this case I meant specifically that the ‘enable compile…development only’ option is likely to go away.

Cheers,
Michael Noland