Trailer on Youtube for game being made.

How exactly do you get viewers on YouTube?

Is there some way to get more views to your games video?

I’m trying to get views on my Teaser trailer for my game that I’m making:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbX9C6TrXq0

Any hints to share?

• Thank you

Reach out to other YouTubers? If someone finds it interesting, they may help spread the word.

Well tons of issues there,

1. I guess this step is here I take it?

2. I’m not ready to release the game yet I was going to release a DEMO for it in the past
    but it was cancelled.

3. Its a Teaser its not intended to show gameplay at all its just out of anything the games
    existence, that might be something for a second trailer but not this one.

Also it IS a Windows 10 game that you get from the Windows Store its not a .exe its a Windows 10 .appx
so you that being said you cant play it without Windows 10, it had a Xbox One version but due to some of the
games content chances of it being on the Xbox was low so that’s why I went for the Windows 10 store I don’t like
censorship of my games and Xbox is a sissified platform to make games in.

1. WOAW slow down there, I’m not asking for money on this the game is being built under my expenses I’m not asking for money
    to make it.

As for the comment above yours, Reaching out to Youtubers I would say I tried but when it comes to who it might be the odds of
them even replying are low to none I doubt that I was normally thinking of doing a marketing campaign WHEN the game gets further
released with this one I simply want views that’s all.

1. Then I will have to create another Trailer that one if anything is something for the games existence, but if anything I would
    release it when the game is much closer to completion its playable from start to end but there are still some issues with the game
    not just bugs but also certain mechanic decisions and in game content that I’m having some trouble deciding to keep or not but that’s
    another story.

2. I basically picked UWP because like I said I wanted a Xbox One version of the game and with the UWP the chances of putting the
    game are infact there because with something like ID@XBOX its much more restricted and with UWP its less restricted but still restricted
    also with available features like Multiplayer etc…

Since I was already signed up for UWP I decided to stick with it basically when it comes to things like Steam your paying to win the lottery and
I never had a intention for a Steam release anyway so because of this the game ditched the .EXE making it impossible to play on other Windows OS
unless its Windows 10 “CREATORS UPDATE”.

It was just a decision I made on my own to release it as a .APPX and toss .EXE out the window due to the direction the games development went.

I agree with what @franktech said on his initial post.

I think the route most people take is grow an audience on Youtube FIRST by offering something of value / interest - this can be tutorials, free projects, anything you can do to gather an audience. Then, once you get some followers you can start posting devlogs frequently to show people what you’ve been doing.

I personally follow several small indies because Im always interested in seeing “behind the scenes” on upcoming projects - so why not do this as a first step?

A few additional ideas:

-Start doing weekly devlogs of your game and post progress on a thread on the “Work In Progress” section of the forums
-Ask for feedback on your videos! I think people would be interested in seeing the process and also maybe give feedback that could change the final game (I know I do)
-Give back to the community (maybe some part of your project or system)? If you want to go this route, post it on the Community Projects section
-Join a Game Jam and be active! This will give you exposure to others and you may get subscribers from this
-Once the game is in beta stage, email Youtubers that cover indie games (search for “Indie Impressions” as one example) and give them a free copy to review

At the end of the day there is no easy or quick way to get lots of views if you are unknown. Also waiting until the game is almost done to show gameplay is a terrible idea IMO. Start now and show what you got to get people excited. Show gameplay on your trailer!

Just my 2c

Well you sure did come up with some routes I never thought of taking as much for example I was never intended to make a YouTube channel but something beat me too it,
I could try the Work in progress thing even dough I already did
Not too sure what you mean by give back to the community
Whats a Game Jam?
“Once the game is in beta stage, email Youtubers that cover indie games (search for “Indie Impressions” as one example) and give them a free copy to review” feels like loosing money doing this.

The entire point was to just show the games existence really the ingame footage stuff I yet to record because I have some work to do with the mechanics and AI first so it will have to wait.

Taking what people say I made Video footage of the game but its work in progress I made a decision to increase the games quality.

Here is the Video footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uIym6K1ROE