Creation of intersections, at the intersection of splines

Hi guys,

I create tunnels with the help of splines, the vector of the beginning and end of which are stored in the database. How best to connect the intersection points of splines with the rest of the tunnels.

P.S. I apologize for my english :slight_smile:

Spline intersections are a *****, and not really implemented by default in UE4. Someone did make a road plugin which you could buy though at the time the terms of use seemed strange/I personally didnt use it. Or you can just make your own model that is the actual intersection, and align your various splines so their endpoints match up with the intersection model. You could take it one step further and make it so the intersection is a blueprint, and further still by implementing dynamic intersections which might involve C++/will definitely be the most challenging.

I’d just honestly recommend manually making a model that’s an intersection and placing it manually if its not something you want to spend too much time on. E.G one model thats a right angled intersection, one thats a 3-way intersection model, and one thats a 4 way intersection should get you far enough. If your entire game revolves around hundreds of roads on the scale of Grand Theft Auto, or the player building roads like in SimCity, then I’d recommend programming it. Otherwise a bit of manual labor is your solution.

Deathstick,
I think so too. The solution does not fit, because the corners of the intersections can be different: (