Mod info/request/help

Hello everyone,

I cant really find the help I need, I went through various topics and sites - I would like an Ark mod that goes up to a certain patch and not beyond.
I personally find everything they added, lets say, the last year to Ark to be very downgrading on the game. Dino’s that steal and run away like a 30’s slapstick bandid, pigs that can somehow magically heal, motivational feathery rexes and a bad DLC made by wizards called Scorched earth.

I’d like to run a server, have a mod that goes up to a certain patch but with the possibility to play on it compatible with your game being fully updated (so ppl can just join).

Is this hard to achieve?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you would call the mod “Classic ARK” :slight_smile:

I’ve no idea how hard this will be, but I can guess. I’ve wrote a few mods for Minecraft, but I’m just trying to learn a bit about ARK modding at this point. So far all I’ve found out is that I probably need 16 GB more RAM.

I’ve used a lot of mods. So for what you want, you need to change a lot about the game. One mod that does part of what you want is Classic Flyers. I think if you asked that author, you would find that he spent a lot of time working on his mod. Now you would probably have to multiply his effort by 10 to get what you want.

If you are willing to install a few mods that do part of what you want, you can do some of the rest by reading up on how to remove spawns of some of the dinos that you’d like gone. The wiki and a few google searches should help you figure out how to do that part. ARK has a lot of configuration options, I know that much from the little bit of admin work that I’ve done. I don’t know how to do this myself, but from what I’ve read, it is possible to remove some items from the game.

Not a mod but you CAN just disable all the newly added dino’s you don’t want through the .ini file

Right, you can disable some of the new dinos. Here is how someone said to disable the ichthy and pego:

Yeah, the easiest way to do it would be the ini files by simply removing dinos and engrams. That said it could be done via a mod, but it would be manually going through and removing dinos, hiding engrams, and in some cases resetting the stats on certain things. Not necessarily hard, but much more time consuming if you are just wanting to set it up for your server.