AR Tutorials?

Hi,

As the title says, anyone have any decent AR tutorials??

I have ended up using Unity for my clients’ AR projects, but I am working on getting Unreal Engine AR ready.
Unfortunately it will probably be at least another month or so before I have Unreal ARToolkit and Tango ready with open source plugins.

ARKit branch is available in the link here https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/tree/dev-ar-kit

Sadly for me I do not own Mac to give it a go, however there seems to be sample projects so I assume that there are things to learn from.

Set up a virtual machine with MacOS… I have the inverse problem, I don’t have any apple gear to test it on.

Does VM have any kind of drawbacks in terms of development ? I’m kind of hesitant when it comes to emulating anything.

Have you figured out a way to get Metal support in a VM of OSX? I have the VM part going fine, but there is no hardware GPU acceleration, and the UE editor won’t open without Metal now.

TBH that was just a suggestion. I haven’t tried any development on OSX myself. I know some VM software allows GPU acceleration but some does not like hyper-v depends on what software you are using I guess.

Gotcha, no worries. I figure the best use for it now is remote builds with Xcode.