Provision and signing key not found

Hi, I want to test my apps on my iphone without paying $ 99, but there is a problem.

So, I have already read several discussions like these:

Unreal finds my certificate and my provision as valid in the project settings, but when I try to get it started on my device, I get the following errors:

• Error Provision not found. A provision is required for deploying your app to the device.
  • Error Signing key not found. The app could not be digitally signed, because the signing key is not configured.

Help me, please. :frowning:

I‘m having the exact same issue in 4.17.1…Can anyone help?Thx!

I also have the same issue. Spend last 4 days but no luck. Please help. Thank you

I had the same issues, and quit for 2 days. I revoked all certificates on apple store, and deleted them from my computer. Re did everything, and am successfully building. I am having tons of issues with pixellations though. I am using [iPad air DeviceProfile] and some textures are showing up as white blotches.

The best way to generate certificates and provision profiles is making sample app in Xcode instead of downloading from Apple Developer. Make project in Xcode with your package name, generate, and build. Then import certificates and provision profiles generated by Xcode.

@gameDNA Studio - I have tried this, I get an error that the signing ID does not match. I cannot understand how testing on the device is made so hard on Unreal.

First I’d suggest to delete all profiles here (C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\MobileDevice\Provisioning Profiles), and through the engine add the profile you want. Make sure the profile is for development and not distribution, also make sure your packaging settings are set for development (simply because shipping setting will require distribution profile).

There is a sequence to the events, or it will be broken. You should delete. Everything apple related. Remove the certificates from your project. Delete all keys in your apple dev account and start over using epics tools. Follow directly epics example using their documentation. Everything works. You begin with epics application. Its the first step. I had issues with the wildcard thing in my project settings, but cant really recall the exact issue, but it was with the format and characters, and had something to do with the brackets, and i think the period at the end. Its a necessary evil for apples closed garden. The first time is always the most painful. The unrealist has a good tut. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FAl6v0ax0

If you want to deploy on your iPhone for testing and you are getting the infamous “Provision not found” do the following:
Step 1) Uncheck any mobile provision or certicate on Project settings → iOS . You must have valid files but the system will auto select them. This is for testing only, for distribution you must select them
Step 2)On Project settings → Packaging —> Project ------Set: Build Configuration Development and Uncheck For Disitribution. (See attached image)
Step 3) Launch on All iOS

3 Likes

thank you, that was my problem, I had to uncheck “for distribution”

2 Likes

Go to Project Settings → iOS → Automatic Signing set to true, And find “Team ID”
Visit Sign In - Apple for Membership details “Team ID” like this “QH4NUT983K”

1 Like

I encountered the same error. After removing expired tons of provisioning profiles, the error disappears.