Problems with LOD's / lighting on loading

Hi guys,

I am having a bit of an issue with my geometry looking a little odd when I load a level.

This can be fixed by moving away from the geometry far enough that it loads the correct geometry and when I focus on it again it is fixed.

I am still relatively new to the engine so I am suspecting there is something to do with LOD’s here, but I dont know enough to be sure. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Luke

I had similar problem with it. Upon some reading, it does have a relation with mesh bound on which it will load the geometry itself and the lightmap that comes with it.
You have to either change the bounds of the affected mesh or just cheat by putting a temporary camera outside of the level and then move the player inside.

Edit: if problem still persist, use override precomputed visibility and add the affected mesh to the list.

you can try to disable TextureStreaming. this could help

When you first start up the level it will load a low-resolution image of the lightmap, so it can take a bit before it loads the full resolution of the lightmap (texture streaming)