True fps camera

Hi guys so i have created a fps from scratch but did not do so using the mannequin my player has no model and therefore no walk cycle etc …Can i add a convincing camera movement .without first adding in a player model with walk animations etc . I hope this question makes sense guys thank you

Hi,

Sure you can! What kind of camera movement do you want to achieve? You could use for example Timelines to animate the camera when the Player has pressed a key, or as a response to some event in the world (like shaking camera when the Player is near an explosion etc.)

Timelines in UE4:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Blueprints/UserGuide/Timelines/

A simple head movement that gets more intense when sprinting would be a good start

Hi,

What is your current setup?

Sounds like you want to base the intensity of the camera movement on the speed of the Player. To find out how fast the Player moves, you need to get the VectorLength of the Velocity vector of the Player’s Pawn (just right click in the PlayerBP and search for “Velocity”).
Now you can use this value to drive the intensity of camera movement.

Fot moving the camera, you probably want to use Timelines or the TickEvent. The general idea is to linearly interpolate the camera’s location/rotation in a looping fashion. You can increase/decrease the values you are lerping between, based on the Player’s speed to make the movement more or less intense.

Of course, there are several other solutions, this is why it would be useful to see how you attempted to solve to problem, so people can suggest adjustments.